Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:38
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Ideal solution Oct 26, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT) wrote:
Dear Dagmar, could you please specify more detail what you mean? You can specify exchange rates when you create a client job and when you create an invoice.

An ideal solution would be to enter a query that would reference a particular table value on a given webpage (most official and bank exchange rates are published online)... But of course that would be somewhat difficult to implement.

Deborah Shannon
Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Version 7 for Windows 7 please - or Version 7 simulator! Oct 26, 2011

Am I alone in loving the simplicity of TO3000v7 ? I'm used to the file structure and it meets my needs perfectly. Please can you just make it run on Windows 7?

Otherwise can the new version please have a setting that replicates the TO3000v7 experience?
Another request would be a one-step tool for importing version 7 data into the new version.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 07:38
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Oct 27, 2011

Dear Jarosław and Deborah,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Please find the answers below.

Jabberwock wrote:

An ideal solution would be to enter a query that would reference a particular table value on a given webpage (most official and bank exchange rates are published online)... But of course that would be somewhat difficult to implement.

We are considering the possibility to implement such feature in one of the next versions of TO3000.

Deborah Shannon wrote:

Please can you just make it run on Windows 7?

TO3000, Version 7 had been developed before Windows 7 was released. Therefore it does not support Windows 7 and it is necessary to re-write the program to provide compatibility of TO3000 with Windows 7. Currently our developers are working under new versions of our products (Projetex, TO3000, AnyCount, etc.) and therefore they do not have time to re-write the old version of TO3000. But we will try to consider all suggestions from our customers regarding improvement of our products.

Deborah Shannon wrote:

Otherwise can the new version please have a setting that replicates the TO3000v7 experience?

Yes, we are planning to make projects-jobs structure optional in TO3000, Version 10.

Deborah Shannon wrote:
Another request would be a one-step tool for importing version 7 data into the new version.

Yes, I think, TO3000, Version 10 will have a utility to import data from TO3000, Version 7.

I would like to mention that such utility already exists for TO3000, Version 9 and calls TO3000 Upgrade Utility. You can find it clicking Start > All Programs >Translation Office 3000, Version 9.0 > Import & Upgrade > TO3000 Upgrade Utility.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team

[Edited at 2011-10-28 06:55 GMT]

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only appearance Oct 27, 2011

Do you believe it is possible to change the User interface appearance (a more modern look)? Otherwise, i am very happy.
Cheers

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
Suggestions regarding TO3000 user interface Oct 27, 2011

Dear brnk,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes, we will change user interface of the next version of TO3000 in a certain way. If you have some suggestions regarding user interface of TO3000, we would appreciate if you write us.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,

[Edited at 2011-10-28 07:21 GMT]

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also applicable for Projetex? Oct 27, 2011

Actually I mean its physical appearance. Something similar to Ms Office (tabs, calendar look). (This is only for TO3000, because I own a Projetext license).
Maybe I should have posted in another thread...
Thank you for your continuous work.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Not me... Oct 27, 2011

Jabberwock wrote:

There is no satisfactory reason for the absence of this. Telling us to create separate jobs within a project for each line item is ridiculous. The proz.com invoicing feature even has this, it can't be that difficult to implement.

We are considering the possibility to implement such feature in one of the next versions of TO3000.

To be exact, it was Shawn Champion who suggested this.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:38
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Alexandr Oct 27, 2011

OK, I have another feature request:

Can you make it possible to save the 'Custom Periods' in the Global Date Filter?

I keep having to manually re-enter the UK tax period, and it is driving me crazy!

Wordbook.nl

Thanks!

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Oct 28, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you or your suggestions.

brnk wrote:
Actually I mean its physical appearance. Something similar to Ms Office (tabs, calendar look). (This is only for TO3000, because I own a Projetext license).

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider a possibility to modify user interface of both TO3000 and Projetex.

Jabberwock wrote:
To be exact, it was Shawn Champion who suggested this.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I accidentally had inserted another post there. I have already corrected it.

Michael Beijer wrote:
OK, I have another feature request:

Can you make it possible to save the 'Custom Periods' in the Global Date Filter?

I keep having to manually re-enter the UK tax period, and it is driving me crazy!

Michael, will it be enough to just remember the latest custom period in Global Date Filter or you want to be able to save custom periods in Global Date Filter like you may do for Local Custom Filter?

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Alexandr Oct 28, 2011

I would like to be able to actually save the custom periods in the Global Date Filter, just like in the Local Custom Filter. There are various specific periods that I use regularly, and this would save me having to click through all of the months/years again and again.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
Calendar in Global Date Filter Oct 28, 2011

Dear Michael,

I have passed your suggestion to our management and they will consider a possibility to implement such feature in the next version of TO3000.

Also I would like to mention that the latest build of TO3000, Version 9 has a calendar in Global Date Filter which allows to input dates manually without browsing through the calendar.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT S
... See more
Dear Michael,

I have passed your suggestion to our management and they will consider a possibility to implement such feature in the next version of TO3000.

Also I would like to mention that the latest build of TO3000, Version 9 has a calendar in Global Date Filter which allows to input dates manually without browsing through the calendar.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Possible direction... Oct 28, 2011

brnk wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider a possibility to modify user interface of both TO3000 and Projetex.

Regarding the UI, the possible direction could be like in this picture.

[Upraveno: 2011-10-28 12:42 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
UI Oct 28, 2011

It would also be nice if the new UI was optional. Just in case;)

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Payments revisited Nov 1, 2011

Jabberwock wrote:

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
Surely it should be possible to either go to the invoice and click on a "paid" box (and enter the date), or go to new payments and be immediately offered the option of "link to invoices".

You can do it by issuing "mass payments" - even for a single invoice and single client. However, it would be nice to do it in the payment/invoice window as well...

Well, I've just tried that, selecting one client and marking "one payment per invoice", and the application automatically generated a payment for each invoice issued without asking me which invoice I wanted to mark as paid (this client pays at 60 days so I had two open invoices for him).

I had to roll back the database to my previous back-up because you can't delete payments, or even change the date on them.

So I had to enter the amount by hand under Client>payment>new.

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
English to Spanish
+ ...
Exactly Nov 1, 2011

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Regarding the UI, the possible direction could be like in this picture.

[Upraveno: 2011-10-28 12:42 GMT]

I can't explain it better

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for Translation Office 3000 (TO3000), Version 10

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »