Germany
Local time: 19:37
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
I see Jul 7, 2011

Jabberwock wrote:

efreitag wrote:
I do use more than one template for single clients - one for the invoice, two other ones for payment reminders with two different levels of cordiality

So, unless we get a dedicated system of payment reminders (in which I could assign not only invoice templates, but also templates for payment reminders per client), I'd rather not lose the ability to select a template on a per-case basis.

Of course, there is no need to take away the ability to select the templates - what is important is that there is a default template for a client or that the template selection is sticky per client basis.

It seems I have misunderstood your suggestion. Indeed, this absolutely makes sense.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Active client filtering Jul 7, 2011

Jabberwock wrote:
Or simply apply the time filter which is already present in TO3000. So if I use just this year, I see only clients for whom I've created projects (jobs) lately. It is so easy to turn it on and off that it should not cause any problems.

In fact I referred mainly to the client list on the Client Main tab and when selecting the client at new project creation. It could be convenient to have some filter somewhere that displays only the list of customers who brought some business within the past months, ie those that you are most likely to select when registering entries in TO3000. I find the Main client pane/Select client window unnecessarily crowded (and I don't have that many client records).

As for the date filter in general, I use it with care, as I've already had panic attacks after forgetting about it for days and then looking for something I couldn't find. But it's indeed very easy to use.

Philippe

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 20:37
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Jul 8, 2011

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for all your suggestions.

I noticed that the most part of suggestions related to the project-jobs structure. We will consider the possibility to make this structure optional in TO3000, Version 10.

Please find answers on the other suggestions below.

efreitag wrote:

2. Make invoice numbering fully configurable (for example: counting by day, or month, instead of by year).

If I understood you correctly, you meant Global Invoice Code. This code can be customized due to your requirements in Settings > Advanced > Codes.

To display date, monts or year in Global Invoice Code, please write the following characters in prefix or suffix of Global Invoice Code:

DD – date,
MM – month,
YYYY or YY – year.

efreitag wrote:

3. Offer a possibility to automatise issuing payment reminders.

Could you please secify what reminders you mean. Do you mean e-mail payment reminders to clients?

Natalie wrote:

Please give users more freedom in assigning folders for various purposes (jobs, projects, whatever) and naming them. Possibility of creating custom folders with custom names (not the ones set up forever in the TO options) would be really great.

You can configure creating of any custom folder and subfolders in Settings > Advanced > Folders > Client Folder or Project Folder tab.

Jabberwock wrote:

Another minor point: remember the invoice template per client. Typically the same client gets the same type of invoice and carrying it over makes little sense and creates confusion.

I do. However, when I create a new invoice, I have to select the right template from the list - it would be more convenient (and logical, I think - does anyone send two types of invoices to the same client) to define it once in the client settings.

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibility to implement such function in the next version of TO3000.

Aude Sylvain wrote:

Also, it would be useful to be able to hook TO3000 to an online currency website so exchange rates are updated automatically when one invoices in a secondary currency.
At present one needs to enter the exchange rate manually - and change it every two days...

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibility to add such possibility in the next version of TO3000.

Philippe Etienne wrote:

I also look forward to the automated backup feature.

This feature will be implemented in TO3000, Version 10.

Philippe Etienne wrote:

Cosmetic:
- To be able to create quickly a new contact on the fly while clicking the Client PM button in projects or jobs.
- To be able to hide contacts who no longer work for a client. PMs seem to have a shorter lifetime than vendors, and I have recorded trailers of them in some medium agencies after 6+ years using TO3000.
- Also please show the PM list sorted alphabetically when using the Client PM button. It is currently displayed sorted by entry date it seems.

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider the possibilities to implement these features in the next versions of TO3000.

Philippe Etienne wrote:

- Being able to hide clients I no longer work with or "one-offs" would also keep lists organised. Or 2 client categories: tier 1 for the "close circle", tier 2 for the "less often".

Philippe Etienne wrote:

In fact I referred mainly to the client list on the Client Main tab and when selecting the client at new project creation. It could be convenient to have some filter somewhere that displays only the list of customers who brought some business within the past months, ie those that you are most likely to select when registering entries in TO3000. I find the Main client pane/Select client window unnecessarily crowded (and I don't have that many client records).

Jabberwock wrote:

Or simply apply the time filter which is already present in TO3000. So if I use just this year, I see only clients for whom I've created projects (jobs) lately. It is so easy to turn it on and off that it should not cause any problems.

We would like to suggest you to use custom fields for this purpose. For example, you may create a checkbox ‘Active Client’ for Clients > Client > Main tab. Then open Local Custom Filter and add there a criteria ‘Active Client is equal to 1’. Thereafter only clients with selected ‘Active Client’ checkbox will be displayed. By the way, you can save any local filters of TO3000 clicking Save button in Edit Filter window. Then to use a saved filter, click Open button in Edit Filter window, select an appropriate filter’s file and click Open button.

I would like to notice that you can create a custom field in Settings > Advanced > Custom Fields.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
explanation Jul 8, 2011

Dear Aleksandr,

THanks for your reply. Let me try to further explain some of the points:

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:

efreitag wrote:

2. Make invoice numbering fully configurable (for example: counting by day, or month, instead of by year).

If I understood you correctly, you meant Global Invoice Code. This code can be customized due to your requirements in Settings > Advanced > Codes.

To display date, monts or year in Global Invoice Code, please write the following characters in prefix or suffix of Global Invoice Code:

DD – date,
MM – month,
YYYY or YY – year.

What I mean is that I would like the invoices to have the invoice number DDMMYYXX, where XX counts the number of invoices issued on that very day (DD.MM.YY). In other words: The invoice counter XX should start from 0 every day, not once a year (as it is now).

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:
efreitag wrote:

3. Offer a possibility to automatise issuing payment reminders.

Could you please secify what reminders you mean. Do you mean e-mail payment reminders to clients?

I would like to see a possibility to setup templates for payment reminders for every client, along with settings like after how many days a reminder is sent, how much late payment fees and interest are etc. Maybe even different levels of escalation could be implemented.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you, Aleksander, but... Jul 8, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:
Natalie wrote:

Please give users more freedom in assigning folders for various purposes (jobs, projects, whatever) and naming them. Possibility of creating custom folders with custom names (not the ones set up forever in the TO options) would be really great.

You can configure creating of any custom folder and subfolders in Settings > Advanced > Folders > Client Folder or Project Folder tab.

... at present TO allows me creating project folders exclusively under "Business", and it also decides itself what should be the project folder name. In case I change anything, the folder is "lost".

Due to impossibility of linking project\job folders from where I want to create them and with the names I wish to give them, I don't use this feature at all, which is wasting resources, actually.

What I mean with my request above, is the following: in case I create a job record in TO, I would like to have a possibility of linking an existing job folder (from the location of my choice) to this record.

Since many years I've been keeping the structure of my folders as follows:
Client
...Year
.......Month
.............Date

I would be absolutely happy if TO would allow me linking my existing folders to job records.
Hopefully, I've been clear this time.

Many thanks for listening,
Natalia

Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
schedule feature Jul 9, 2011

Dear Aleksandr,

Many thanks for your detailed replies.

You did not address my suggestion to enable users to have jobs deadlines appear in the graphic schedule (timeline), instead of or in addition to projects deadlines. Does that mean that you do not believe that this feature would be useful of most users, or that this can already be done?
If the correct reply is the latter (it would be great!), could you please explain how?

To colleague
... See more
Dear Aleksandr,

Many thanks for your detailed replies.

You did not address my suggestion to enable users to have jobs deadlines appear in the graphic schedule (timeline), instead of or in addition to projects deadlines. Does that mean that you do not believe that this feature would be useful of most users, or that this can already be done?
If the correct reply is the latter (it would be great!), could you please explain how?

To colleagues:
if you use the schedule feature (8th icon in the 'clients' side panel) and if it is not possible indeed to make job deadlines appear there, how do you deal with projects that need to be delivered in several batches?
For the time being I have no choice but seeing only the final deadline, except if I create one project per batch (which turns out, then, to make the billing phase more complicated).

Many thanks,
Aude

[Edited at 2011-07-09 06:49 GMT]
Collapse

Aude Sylvain
France
English to French
+ ...
addit. info in the schedule Jul 9, 2011

Dear Aleksandr,

Another suggestion:

I also miss the possibility to customise the info that appear in the schedule in relation to a specific project. At present one can only see the project name, associated to the client - I would be happy to be able to add, for instance, the word count for each project/job.

Thank you!

Aude

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Many thanks for your feedback Jul 10, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:
We would like to suggest you to use custom fields for this purpose. For example, you may create a checkbox ‘Active Client’ for Clients > Client > Main tab. Then open Local Custom Filter and add there a criteria ‘Active Client is equal to 1’. Thereafter only clients with selected ‘Active Client’ checkbox will be displayed. By the way, you can save any local filters of TO3000 clicking Save button in Edit Filter window. Then to use a saved filter, click Open button in Edit Filter window, select an appropriate filter’s file and click Open button.

I will certainly try this. I haven't explored the possibilities of custom filters and I created only two custom fields. I should be more adventurous.
Aude Sylvain wrote:
...how do you deal with projects that need to be delivered in several batches?

I don't use the Schedule feature (can't "read" it at a glance), but it is the same behaviour in the project Main tab, where you see only the project deadline and not the next job deadline. Colour and date rank in the list are therefore not very informative, save for the last item to deliver in the project. Working with the Jobs list would solve this, but the project main tab is my own reference view and I use the General information pane to enter important reminders and instructions.

Philippe

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
invoice numbering according to EU Jul 10, 2011

efreitag wrote:

What I mean is that I would like the invoices to have the invoice number DDMMYYXX, where XX counts the number of invoices issued on that very day (DD.MM.YY). In other words: The invoice counter XX should start from 0 every day, not once a year (as it is now).

In France - and I think in other EU countries too - it is a legal requirement that invoices are numbered in continous sequence on the whole year. The counter start from 0 on January 1st. This system is safer for fiscal control = one cannot insert an invoice between to existing ones or destroy an invoice.

Erik Freitag
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
invoice numbering: legal requirements Jul 10, 2011

nordiste wrote:

efreitag wrote:

In France - and I think in other EU countries too - it is a legal requirement that invoices are numbered in continous sequence on the whole year. The counter start from 0 on January 1st. This system is safer for fiscal control = one cannot insert an invoice between to existing ones or destroy an invoice.

At least in Germany, the system I'm proposing is perfectly legal (I've checked with my tax accountant). TO should offer the possibility to chose a numbering system according to the user's wishes.

Aude Sylvain
France
English to French
+ ...
schedule tab/projects main tab Jul 10, 2011

Philippe Etienne wrote:

Aude Sylvain wrote:
...how do you deal with projects that need to be delivered in several batches?

I don't use the Schedule feature (can't "read" it at a glance), but it is the same behaviour in the project Main tab, where you see only the project deadline and not the next job deadline. Colour and date rank in the list are therefore not very informative, save for the last item to deliver in the project. Working with the Jobs list would solve this, but the project main tab is my own reference view and I use the General information pane to enter important reminders and instructions.

Philippe

Thanks Philippe,
indeed it's the same problem with the Projects main tab.
I never used that tab to get an overview, but your idea to use it and indicate important instructions (and possibly 'interim' deadlines) in the general info pane is quite interesting.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 20:37
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Jul 12, 2011

Dear colleagues,

Please find the answers below.

efreitag wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibilities to implement this feature in the next versions of TO3000.

efreitag wrote:

I would like to see a possibility to setup templates for payment reminders for every client, along with settings like after how many days a reminder is sent, how much late payment fees and interest are etc. Maybe even different levels of escalation could be implemented.

We are considering the possibilities to implement an e-mail client in the next version of TO3000.

Natalie wrote:

... at present TO allows me creating project folders exclusively under "Business", and it also decides itself what should be the project folder name. In case I change anything, the folder is "lost".

Natalie, could you please specify what do you mean under “the folder is lost”. Simply if you create a folder inside TO3000 Business folder, it will not disappear, you will be able to see this folder through TO3000. Then when you save some document in TO3000, you will be able to choose this folder manually.

Natalie wrote:

What I mean with my request above, is the following: in case I create a job record in TO, I would like to have a possibility of linking an existing job folder (from the location of my choice) to this record.

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider the possibilities to implement such option in the next versions of TO3000.

Aude Sylvain wrote:

Aude, please accept my apologies that I have not replied on your suggestion. Yes, if we will make the project-client jobs structure optional, there will be a window with only client jobs schedule available. By the way, currently you can find schedules of client jobs in Projects > Schedules of Client Jobs. To view all client jobs which have been input to TO3000 database, please deselect ‘Only Client Jobs of the Project selected above’ checkbox. Also you can move a border between Schedules of Project and Schedules of Client Jobs to maximize the requested schedules.

Aude Sylvain wrote:

I also miss the possibility to customise the info that appear in the schedule in relation to a specific project. At present one can only see the project name, associated to the client - I would be happy to be able to add, for instance, the word count for each project/job.

In the next version of TO3000 Local Custom Filter will be added to schedules. Thus you will be able to specify any search criteria to find appropriate information.

Philippe Etienne wrote:

Philippe, you can work with client jobs list in Projects > Client Jobs. Also you can use Jump to Client and Jump to Project buttons to easily switch to a client or a project which this client job belongs to. If you need to find some specific client jobs, we would like to suggest you to use Local Custom Filter and Global Date Filter.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
--- Jul 12, 2011

Dear Aleksandr, many thanks for being so attentive to users' wishes

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:

Natalie wrote:

Natalie, could you please specify what do you mean under “the folder is lost”. Simply if you create a folder inside TO3000 Business folder, it will not disappear, you will be able to see this folder through TO3000. Then when you save some document in TO3000, you will be able to choose this folder manually.

I mean that I am unable to see from the TO folders, even in the Business folder, if I give them names other than set in the TO options.

Moreover, to be even clearer: I have a special disk partition for translations; there are about 80 folders for clients, each having such subfolders as year - months - dates. I keep this structure since 2001, and I would like to keep it further. Also, I don't wish moving all or part of my folders to "Business", I just don't need this. Thus linking an existing job folder (from the location of my choice) to the TO job record would be an ideal solution of the problem. It would be excellent if this could be done.

Many thanks again,
Natalia

Erik Freitag
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
clarification: payment reminders Jul 12, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Please find the answers below.

efreitag wrote:

We are considering the possibilities to implement an e-mail client in the next version of TO3000.

This is not what I'm talking about. I wouldn't use an integrated e-mail client. What I would like to see is that TO3000:

1. alerts me when a client's invoice is overdue for more than the number of days that I previously set for this client;
  2. allows me to produce the corresponding payment reminder (with the template I set for this client, and automatically include pre-set late payment fees, interests, and a new payment date);
  3. is able to handle all this on different levels of escalation;
  4. keeps account of all this in the list of invoices.

I hope I have been able to make my point clearer now.

Thanks for the great support,
kind regards,
Erik

Aude Sylvain
France
English to French
+ ...
schedules Jul 13, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:

Aude Sylvain wrote:

Aude, please accept my apologies that I have not replied on your suggestion. Yes, if we will make the project-client jobs structure optional, there will be a window with only client jobs schedule available. By the way, currently you can find schedules of client jobs in Projects > Schedules of Client Jobs. To view all client jobs which have been input to TO3000 database, please deselect ‘Only Client Jobs of the Project selected above’ checkbox. Also you can move a border between Schedules of Project and Schedules of Client Jobs to maximize the requested schedules.

Many thanks Aleksandr for your kind reply. In fact I had completely forgotten this Jobs schedule feature! I guess it wil be easier when the Projects/Jobs feature is made optional, but I will use this feature in combination with the Job schedule from now on.

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:
Aude Sylvain wrote:

In the next version of TO3000 Local Custom Filter will be added to schedules. Thus you will be able to specify any search criteria to find appropriate information.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough: what I would like is to be able to report more information than only the project/job title in the schedule, so I can see e.g. the word count of all pending works at a glance. I am not sure a filter will allow that.

Thanks again for your support,

Kind regards
Aude

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for Translation Office 3000 (TO3000), Version 10

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »