Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:53
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Dagmar Sep 30, 2011

I think it might be possible using a combination of Dropbox + DropBox Folder Sync (http://wiki.dropbox.com/DropboxAddons/DropboxFolderSync).

I use this combination to keep my TO3000 backed-up/synced via my DropBox.

Michael

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:53
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Entering payments Oct 1, 2011

Maybe I have missed something, but when I receive a payment, I have to go to "new payments" and enter the amount "by hand" before I can click on "link to invoices". That involves copying it from my bank statement, and then checking that it coincides with the invoice.

Surely it should be possible to either go to the invoice and click on a "paid" box (and enter the date), or go to new payments and be immediately offered the option of "link to invoices".

After all, almost
... See more
Maybe I have missed something, but when I receive a payment, I have to go to "new payments" and enter the amount "by hand" before I can click on "link to invoices". That involves copying it from my bank statement, and then checking that it coincides with the invoice.

Surely it should be possible to either go to the invoice and click on a "paid" box (and enter the date), or go to new payments and be immediately offered the option of "link to invoices".

After all, almost all payments are total payments for a single invoice. In very unusual cases where they aren't (incorrect amount paid, one payment for 2 invoices, etc.), then the "value" box could be used as it is at present.
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Mass payments Oct 1, 2011

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

You can do it by issuing "mass payments" - even for a single invoice and single client. However, it would be nice to do it in the payment/invoice window as well...

Alina - Maria Chiteala
Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 21:53
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Localization Oct 1, 2011

How about translating it right in Romanian? Quotes is translated by inverted commas. Shame on you... and the company that made the localization.

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Mass payments Oct 1, 2011

Jabberwock wrote:

You can do it by issuing "mass payments" - even for a single invoice and single client. However, it would be nice to do it in the payment/invoice window as well...

Thanks, Jabberwock, I´ll use it the very next time I'm paid...

Dagmar Gamper
Dagmar Gamper  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:53
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Using cloud computing for storage and backup of TO3000 Oct 1, 2011

Michael Beijer wrote:

I think it might be possible using a combination of Dropbox + DropBox Folder Sync (http://wiki.dropbox.com/DropboxAddons/DropboxFolderSync).

Michael

Thank you Michael for your suggestion.

Dont you think there might arouse legal issues through storing your data and the data of your clients in the internet? I have clients who expect extreme confidenciality and I think they would not be happy having their documents "floating in the internet"
I would prefer a possibility of syncronizing my data within my home network. It would then only be possible to syncronize Data after a job I made while traveling for example, but this would be no problem for me.

Apart from that I would like to suggest as it was written before that in the payment tab it should be possible just to mark an invoice as paid and change the date of payment (as I not always enter the payments the day they arrive) instead of manually writing the right amount into the payment field and then link it to an invoice.

Best regards from spring in Chile
Dagmar

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Dagmar Oct 1, 2011

I am quite confident that for the type of work I do the security offered by DropBox is more than sufficient.

Nonetheless, if you are working on extremely sensitive documents you could also use something like SecretSync to add an extra layer of security:

'SecretSync is a great way to easily share proprietary, sensitive information using online synchronization utilities like Dropbox.

Your files never leave your possession without being encr... See more
I am quite confident that for the type of work I do the security offered by DropBox is more than sufficient.

Nonetheless, if you are working on extremely sensitive documents you could also use something like SecretSync to add an extra layer of security:

'SecretSync is a great way to easily share proprietary, sensitive information using online synchronization utilities like Dropbox.

Your files never leave your possession without being encrypted first. SecretSync uses client-side encryption to give you absolute privacy and control over your data.

We add an additional folder to your computer, a SecretSync folder. Anything that gets put in SecretSync is encrypted and then added to Dropbox to be synchronized to your other computers.' (from their website:)

(http://getsecretsync.com/ss/)

However, by the same token I suppose you (and your clients) should then also start encrypting all of your email to and from each other...
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
mass invoicing Oct 2, 2011

After learning about "mass payments" from Jabberwock, I thought I would try "mass invoicing" today.

I filtered my clients by my "active client" custom field and clicked on one invoice per project (I use projects to contain all jobs for one month for each client).

I thought I would be asked which projects and which client invoice templates to use. This was not the case.
2 problems:
1. invoices were automatically generated for 2 on-going October projects (job
... See more
After learning about "mass payments" from Jabberwock, I thought I would try "mass invoicing" today.

I filtered my clients by my "active client" custom field and clicked on one invoice per project (I use projects to contain all jobs for one month for each client).

I thought I would be asked which projects and which client invoice templates to use. This was not the case.
2 problems:
1. invoices were automatically generated for 2 on-going October projects (jobs completed but project not complete).
2. invoices were automatically generated using the last-used invoice template (which happened to be a EU client, so didn't include VAT).

And now I discover that I can't delete invoices, but only "void" them, which isn't the same.

I have successfully restored my database to a backup I made yesterday, so I have solved my problems, but I wonder whether people are using "mass invoicing" in any useful way that I have missed?

If not, could some more options be provided in "mass invoicing", such as "completed projects" (not just completed jobs) and invoice template assignation per client?

Edited to add: How about having an "undo" button instead of having to go through "restore"? Or don't databases work like that?

[Edited at 2011-10-02 08:38 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Undo Button Oct 2, 2011

I second the idea of an Undo button – every program should have one!

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Alexandr Oct 5, 2011

When in the 'Invoices to clients' window, how can sort on the invoice due date?

Also, is it possible to view the invoice code (e.g., '#I-COMPANYX0006')? I can only see the global code, which is kind of useless to me.

Basically, what I am asking is can we please add more types of things to the columns here? This potentially very useful window is actually basically useless without these 2 things...

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
some answers Oct 5, 2011

Michael Beijer wrote:
When in the 'Invoices to clients' window, how can sort on the invoice due date?

Click one the "due date" column header. If not there, see below.
Michael Beijer wrote:
Also, is it possible to view the invoice code (e.g., '#I-COMPANYX0006')? I can only see the global code, which is kind of useless to me.

highlight a line and right-click. You can select whatever column suits you, including invoice code.

Philippe

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
@Philippe Oct 5, 2011

Wow, thanks! Boy do I feel silly. I was clicking up above, looking for that 'customize columns'...

Shawn Champion
Shawn Champion  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
"add line" on invoices Oct 15, 2011

There is no satisfactory reason for the absence of this. Telling us to create separate jobs within a project for each line item is ridiculous. The proz.com invoicing feature even has this, it can't be that difficult to implement.

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
Now TO3000 supports virtual machines Oct 26, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to inform you that we have released a new build of TO3000 that supports all common virtual machine software. Now you can run TO3000 on Macs and other platforms via virtual machines. You can download a new build of TO3000 from http://www.to3000.com/download

To update your TO3000, please click Help > Check for Updates or download the latest build of th
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

We would like to inform you that we have released a new build of TO3000 that supports all common virtual machine software. Now you can run TO3000 on Macs and other platforms via virtual machines. You can download a new build of TO3000 from http://www.to3000.com/download

To update your TO3000, please click Help > Check for Updates or download the latest build of the program and install it over the current version of TO3000 without uninstalling of it.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
TOPIC STARTER
Answers Oct 26, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Please find answers on your questions below:

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:
Because Romanian laws in the field of invoicing is different I need to be able to customize my company info (e.g. bank account, trade registry number, social address, lucrative point address) and also the field of the clients with the same info. Romanian laws says that an invoice must have VAT number, Trade registry number, bank account, bank name, capital, headquarters address.
How about in the next release you put customized fields. Maybe this way you will expand your customer database to this country also.
For now I can only use the program for projects and orders because the invoicing part is totally useless.
And no please do not tell me I can customize my templates. That did not work for me.

Dear Alina-Maria, we suggest you to use custom fields for this purpose. You can create any custom fields for clients’ profiles (e.g. bank account, trade registry number, social address, lucrative point address) in Settings > Advanced > Custom Fields > Clients tab > Main tab. There you can specify a variable for each custom field which you will be able to use in your RTF templates to display the custom field's data.

Alex Lago wrote:
Yes this is what I do, but doing it like this requires repeating info (ref, PO) and is "slower" than if we could just add another price line.

Dear Alex, to simplify a process of client jobs creation, we would like to suggest you to use Clone button from Projetex > Project > Tree tab. This button allows you to copy a client job. Thereafter you will be able just to change a couple of fields without reentering of all information.

Alex Lago wrote:
What I meant to say is that users don't have access to all the field names, so in the past I have tried to create queries or reports and I've not been able to because I did not have the name of all the fields I needed. When this has happened I have contacted AIT and you have always been extremely helpful and sent me the required data, however it would be good to have direct access to it.

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider a possibility to simplify a process of queries and reports creation. Also we would like to suggest you to download the following files which can be helpful to learn process of custom reports creaion in TO3000:

Projetex Database Scheme — Main Tables and Relationships (can be helpful to understand a logic of database functioning): http://version7.projetex.com/images/stories/files/documents_pdf/DatabaseScheme.pdf

Custom Reports — Report Engine Guide: http://version7.projetex.com/images/stories/files/documents_pdf/CustomReports_ReportEngine_Guide.pdf

Alex Lago wrote:
I have created a series of custom fields where I record the time I've spent on a project, I currently use these fields: "Preparation" (the time I use to prepare the file, for example when I OCR a PDF), "Translating" (time spent translating), "Images" (time spent on working on images, this is for when the image has the text embedded and you have to use some image editing software to amend the text), "Proofreading" (time spent proofreading), "Finalizing" (time spent preparing the file for delivery, things like formatting, layout, etc), "Total" (the sum of all the fields).

I think that it will be the most convenient if you create a job for each stage of your project. For example, you will have ‘Project 1’ and 5 client jobs for the project described above:

Client Job with group of services or service Preparation
Client Job with group of services or service Translating
Client Job with group of services or service Images
Client Job with group of services or service Proofreading
Client Job with group of services or service Finalizing

Then you will be able to easily display all these jobs in your invoice and calculate a total. And, as I have written above, you can use Clone button to accelerate the process of client jobs creation.

Dagmar Gamper wrote:
I would be happy as well about a flexible currency management although it could be tricky as exchange rates may change between date of job/issuence of invoice and finally payment.

Dear Dagmar, could you please specify more detail what you mean? You can specify exchange rates when you create a client job and when you create an invoice. These exchange rate can be differ to the common exchange rates from Settings > Business > Exchange Rates.

Dagmar Gamper wrote:

My suggestion is to make it possible to run TO on two or more Computers. I work on a Laptop and a PC and I would really need a funtion to align my data on both. Not just a backup of the database but a full syncrinization of all related folders, i.e. buisiness, clients, projects everything I change through TO3000.
So I would have afull backup on either computer and an up to date database on both.

Michael Beijer wrote:

Yes, I agree with Michael that you can use Dropbox for this purpose. We had tested the compatibility of TO3000 with Dropbox and it worked without any problems. Please find the instruction of TO3000 synchronization with Dropbox configuring below:

1. Install TO3000 on both your home computer and laptop in a synchronized Dropbox folder.
2. Activate the installed copies of program on both computers using your License Key (I would like to notice that only one copy of program can be run at one time).
3. Change the location of Business folder in both copies of TO3000 to synchronized Dropbox folder. To change the location of Business folder, please run TO3000, go to Settings menu > Advanced > Folder section, click “Change” button on “General” tab and select Dropbox folder.

Thereafter your TO3000 database, all workflow files and documents will be automatically synchronized on your home computer and on your laptop.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

After all, almost all payments are total payments for a single invoice. In very unusual cases where they aren't (incorrect amount paid, one payment for 2 invoices, etc.), then the "value" box could be used as it is at present.

Dagmar Gamper wrote:
Apart from that I would like to suggest as it was written before that in the payment tab it should be possible just to mark an invoice as paid and change the date of payment (as I not always enter the payments the day they arrive) instead of manually writing the right amount into the payment field and then link it to an invoice.

Jabberwock wrote:

Dear Emma, Jarosław and Dagmar, thank you for your suggestion. We will consider a possibility to add a special button in New/Edit Invoice window to mark invoices as paid. Currently you can use Mass Payments button for this purpose as Jarosław has written.

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:
How about translating it right in Romanian? Quotes is translated by inverted commas. Shame on you... and the company that made the localization.

Could you please write us more detail what mistake you have found?

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

If not, could some more options be provided in "mass invoicing", such as "completed projects" (not just completed jobs) and invoice template assignation per client?

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider a possibility to improve Mass Invoices function.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Edited to add: How about having an "undo" button instead of having to go through "restore"? Or don't databases work like that?

Since TO3000 uses database, it is not possible to release ‘Undo’ button due to specifics of databases functioning.

Shawn Champion wrote:

There is no satisfactory reason for the absence of this. Telling us to create separate jobs within a project for each line item is ridiculous. The proz.com invoicing feature even has this, it can't be that difficult to implement.

Dear Shawn, if you use Clone button from Tree tab of Project window, you can create client jobs just in one click. Then you will need only to edit few fields. Could you please write us what is ridiculous for you?

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team

[Edited at 2011-10-27 12:35 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for Translation Office 3000 (TO3000), Version 10

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »