IBM\'s CAT tool - Where can I read about it?
Autor vlákna: Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Izrael
Local time: 23:49
hebrejština -> španělština
+ ...
Oct 17, 2002

Dear collegues,

I was asked by a potential client if I have experience in the use of IBM TM. What do you know about IBM TM? Where can I read about it?

Thank you for your help!

Diana

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 16:49
francouzština -> angličtina
Discontinued Oct 18, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-17 23:35, dianama wrote:

Dear collegues,

I was asked by a potential client if I have experience in the use of IBM TM. What do you know about IBM TM? Where can I read about it?

Thank you for your help!

Diana

It was discontinued quite some time ago, April 2002 in fact. See the withdrawal... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-17 23:35, dianama wrote:

Dear collegues,

Thank you for your help!

Diana

It was discontinued quite some time ago, April 2002 in fact. See the withdrawal announcement at http://www1.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?xh=blWFjCxZBzjuUs1USenGnN9332&request=announcements&parms=H%20902-009&xfr=N

Take care,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazílie
Local time: 17:49
angličtina -> portugalština
+ ...
Clunky as clunky can be Oct 18, 2002

Hi

I didn\'t know that IBM Translation Manager had been discontinued but I can\'t resist a sigh of relief. It\'s the clunkiest TM application I\'ve ever worked with! It\'s been about a year since I last worked with it. But there may some dinosaur project around that still require it.

Cheers

ME

ME

Karin Adamczyk (X)
Karin Adamczyk (X)  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 16:49
francouzština -> angličtina
True but... Oct 18, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-10-18 17:25, farre wrote:

Hi

I didn\'t know that IBM Translation Manager had been discontinued but I can\'t resist a sigh of relief. It\'s the clunkiest TM application I\'ve ever worked with! It\'s been about a year since I last worked with it. But there may some dinosaur project around that still require it.

Cheers

ME

ME

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-10-18 17:25, farre wrote:

Hi

Cheers

ME

ME

I agree, but when I started using it, I didn\'t know about other products and it certainly was helpful at that time. I worked with it extensively for a few years and really appreciated the terminology function, which even then, was better to work with than Multiterm is now (Trados terminology tool).

FWIW,

Karin Adamczyk ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IBM\'s CAT tool - Where can I read about it?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »