This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
Using LLMs Directly in Trados Studio: A Plugin Worth Exploring
Autor vlákna: Mohamed Zeid
Mohamed Zeid Spojené státy americké Local time: 03:47 angličtina -> arabština + ...
Oct 1
I wanted to share a tool that I think may be of interest to translators who have been experimenting with LLMs in their workflow.
It's called TransLLM, and it's a plugin for Trados Studio that lets you connect Trados directly to LLMs. What I found particularly interesting is that it can work with local models through LM Studio or Ollama, so it is possible to translate without sending the actual translation content to a cloud service.
I wanted to share a tool that I think may be of interest to translators who have been experimenting with LLMs in their workflow.
It's called TransLLM, and it's a plugin for Trados Studio that lets you connect Trados directly to LLMs. What I found particularly interesting is that it can work with local models through LM Studio or Ollama, so it is possible to translate without sending the actual translation content to a cloud service.
It can also connect to cloud-based models if preferred, and it includes some features that are particularly relevant to translation work. For example, you can use glossaries to help guide terminology, create custom prompts for different types of content, and work with tagged segments.
The glossary functionality is especially useful when you want the model to follow preferred terminology instead of translating everything freely. Tag preservation is also supported, which is important when working with formatted or tagged content in Trados. In my experience, tag handling is not always perfect, so it is still something I would check carefully, but it is definitely useful to have the functionality built into the workflow.
For me, the interesting part is less about "AI translation" itself and more about being able to experiment with different translation models directly inside the CAT tool instead of copying segments back and forth between Trados and an external interface.
Of course, the translation quality depends heavily on the model being used, and running models locally also requires appropriate hardware and some setup, so it will not necessarily be the right solution for everyone.
I thought I would share it here since there have been quite a few discussions about LLMs, confidentiality, terminology control, and their possible use in professional translation workflows.
I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else here has experimented with local LLMs inside Trados or another CAT tool, especially when it comes to terminology and tag handling. ▲ Collapse
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Li-Hsiang Hsu Francie Local time: 11:47 francouzština -> čínština + ...
Ollama
06:03
Wow, Supervertaler has a serious competitor! 😂
Ollama seems to be running very fast on your PC. Is it Ollama Cloud? I use Ollama locally on my gamer PC, which has a decent GPU, but it struggles with newer models like Gemma 4 and Qwen.
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value