Autor vlákna: Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Silvina Sorribas
Local time: 09:28
Člen (2006)
angličtina -> španělština
+ ...
Jan 22, 2004

Hi, it's me again but this time I need your advice regarding wordcount with Trados Analyze.

How can I make the wordcount with Trados of only one Tag Editor file divided into two parts? I need to know how many English words each distributed part of the work has so as to notify both translators.

But Copy and Paste and make two separate files from scratch does not work with Tag Editor... obviously.

Can any of you help me with this issue, please?

... See more
Hi, it's me again but this time I need your advice regarding wordcount with Trados Analyze.

How can I make the wordcount with Trados of only one Tag Editor file divided into two parts? I need to know how many English words each distributed part of the work has so as to notify both translators.

But Copy and Paste and make two separate files from scratch does not work with Tag Editor... obviously.

Can any of you help me with this issue, please?

Thanks so much in advance and have a wonderful day!

Silvina
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Španělsko
Local time: 14:28
němčina -> španělština
Txt Jan 22, 2004

Open the txt file with a editor (Notepad) delete the part you want, than save it (oder name) and count with Workbench,

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 14:28
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
What about tags? Jan 22, 2004

Toledo wrote:

Open the txt file with a editor (Notepad) delete the part you want, than save it (oder name) and count with Workbench,

The problem with this approach is that you're going to include tags - nice if you can get away with it, but hardly acceptable to your customer.

BTW this is a repetitive posting - I moved the first post to the Trados Support forum - see www.proz.com/topic/17623.

I'm locking this thread, therefore.

Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor: how to make wordcount.....?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »