Error while trying to open MultiTerm Desktop 2011 - New License
Autor vlákna: nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649
nikoniko4649  Identity Verified
Japonsko
japonština -> angličtina
Jun 27, 2012

Hi,

I have recently purchased the SDL Trados 2011+2007 Suite, and installed all the downloads in my PC.
I was told to install in the order of 2007 Suite, then Studio 2011, and next MT desktop 2011. Yesterday, after installing, I have even activated the licenses for each of them.

Today, when I tried to open Multiterm Desktop, I get an error even before the program opens :

"SDL MultiTerm has stopped working."

And, I clicked on the details a
... See more
Hi,

I have recently purchased the SDL Trados 2011+2007 Suite, and installed all the downloads in my PC.
I was told to install in the order of 2007 Suite, then Studio 2011, and next MT desktop 2011. Yesterday, after installing, I have even activated the licenses for each of them.

Today, when I tried to open Multiterm Desktop, I get an error even before the program opens :

"SDL MultiTerm has stopped working."

And, I clicked on the details and it says
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name : MultiTerm.exe

I did not have any issues during installation, and I had also opened this program once yesterday.

I am not sure if it would be proper to uninstall the MultiTerm Desktop once and try again ?
And, what about the license ? I am not able to open the application, so how do I go about ?

I have even tried to restart my PC but its just the same.

This is the first time I have purchased an SDL product, and so am not very sure of the licensing aspect also. And, I have not even started using this application.

Any help from SDL Support people would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
Velká Británie
Local time: 16:59
angličtina
The way to handle this is... Jun 27, 2012

... to raise a support case through the solution finder. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in MultiTerm 2011

This will bring up a form that y
... See more
... to raise a support case through the solution finder. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in MultiTerm 2011

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

However, before you do this maybe try deleting 3 XML files by going to the following path:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm9
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm9

and delete the following three XML files:

- BaseSettings.xml
- plugincache.xml
- UserSettings.xml

Then restart MultiTerm.

In case you cannot see the "AppData" folder, make sure that your folder view is set to "display hidden system folders." Here are step-by-step instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files.

Maybe this will help? But if not please log a support ticket as described at the start.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

nikoniko4649
Japonsko
japonština -> angličtina
AUTOR TÉMATU
Thanks Paul Jun 27, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Hello Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

After posting my query here, I came across the following link

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3884
( SDL MultiTerm crashes during startup directly after a new installation when installing Canon printer software)

I was not exactly trying to install the Canon printer software, but it is already in my PC.
So, what I did was to uninstall the Canon Easy-WebPrint EX, and uninstalled & re-installed MultiTerm Desktop 2011 only, and now I am able to access it without any errors.

I have one question in connection with this - regarding license - I think there were no activation codes given for MT Desktop, so I hope I have not gone wrong in doing the above, as it now seems to be ok. But, how do I check the activation status of MT Desktop 2011, if it does have a code (although I checked that there doesn't seem to be one in the records)...please clarify.

And thanks for the links on raising support ticket. I may need them in the future for any queries....

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:59
Člen (2002)
angličtina -> arabština
+ ...
Thanks nikoniko4649 Nov 22, 2012

I had the same problem and was able to fix it based on your post. Thanks nikoniko4649.

Adrien Lambert
Adrien Lambert  Identity Verified
Francie
angličtina -> francouzština
+ ...
Thanks again nikoniko4649! Mar 7, 2014

I had exactly the same issue (interference with the Canon software) and followed the steps of this KB: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3884.

Everything works fine now.

Thank you.

Prokop Vantuch
Prokop Vantuch  Identity Verified
Česká republika
Člen (2005)
angličtina -> čeština
+ ...
Same problem here and solved Apr 2, 2014

Thanks for posting the solution! Helped me solve the same issue.

Prokop

nikoniko4649
Japonsko
japonština -> angličtina
AUTOR TÉMATU
Welcome! Apr 2, 2014

Thanks Alaa, Adrien & Prokop for letting me know that this post helped you all !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while trying to open MultiTerm Desktop 2011 - New License

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »