Suggestion to show more information in list of KudoZ questions (staff: 'done, thanks')
Autor vlákna: gianfranco
gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazílie
Local time: 11:46
Člen (2001)
angličtina -> italština
+ ...
Nov 2, 2001

I suggest to implement a new information on the KudoZ listing.

Currently there are 4 columns

1. Time (California)

2. Languages

3. Term

4. No. of answer (or Closed status)

I suggest to add in column 2, next to the language pair, the subject field of the question.

For example:

English-Italian (Medical)

English-Italian (Other)

The space required could
... See more
I suggest to implement a new information on the KudoZ listing.

Currently there are 4 columns

1. Time (California)

2. Languages

3. Term

4. No. of answer (or Closed status)

I suggest to add in column 2, next to the language pair, the subject field of the question.

For example:

English-Italian (Medical)

English-Italian (Other)

The space required could be taken away from the third column, currently very large and mostly unused.
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazílie
Local time: 11:46
Člen (2001)
angličtina -> italština
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
Done! thank you Nov 15, 2001

I think that the list is more informative now.

Thank you

Gianfranco

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 10:46
ZAKLADATEL SERVERU
Thanks. I also added a form field for more detailed subject area. Nov 15, 2001

In implementing your suggestion, I also added an option for askers to specify in more detail the subject area or areas of their KudoZ term question.

This may be of limited usefulness initially, but I would encourage people to take the extra time to accurately classify each term request with two or three specific subject areas. For example, the term \"alternator\", now filed under the broad topic \"tech/engineering\" could be further classified as a member of the subsets \"au
... See more
In implementing your suggestion, I also added an option for askers to specify in more detail the subject area or areas of their KudoZ term question.

This may be of limited usefulness initially, but I would encourage people to take the extra time to accurately classify each term request with two or three specific subject areas. For example, the term \"alternator\", now filed under the broad topic \"tech/engineering\" could be further classified as a member of the subsets \"automotive,electronics\" (field names should be separated by commas.)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion to show more information in list of KudoZ questions (staff: 'done, thanks')

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »