Elena Carbonell
Elena Carbonell  Identity Verified
Nizozemsko
Local time: 01:45
Člen (2007)
angličtina -> španělština
+ ...
Other, a few of the above and somem extra Feb 28, 2010

Pilates, twice a week, swimming once every two weeks, flamenco dancing once a week and...Wii Fit Plus, four times a week for half an hour. And since we don't have a car and three kids, I bike or walk everywhere...not bad, eh?

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 19:45
Člen (2004)
španělština -> angličtina
+ ...
Gym... and not having a car Feb 28, 2010

The 20-minute walk back from the "good" supermarket carrying bags of groceries is wonderful exercise. So is the 30-minute walk to the post office (followed by the 30-minute walk back home).

I also work out at a gym one to three times a week. Yesterday I did cardio, weights and swimming.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Španělsko
+ ...
Eating chocolate Feb 28, 2010

I find eating chocolate distracts me from thinking about the fact I should take more exercise.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 16:45
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
In memoriam
I don't. Feb 28, 2010

I am too lazy. Also, I am too lazy to eat. Which keeps me trim and slender. I do realize, that I would have much more energy if would move a little bit. It's also good for the brain. Now I feel guilty...

Valeria Fuma
Valeria Fuma
Argentina
Local time: 20:45
+ ...
very unhealthy INDEED Feb 28, 2010

Evgeny Sinelschikov wrote:

Colleagues, it seems that we don't have the healthiest profession - we sit in front of the computer all the time ruining our eyesight and one third of us don't even exercise

Although when I finish work every day I feel very tired, I go to the gym at least three times a week, since I spend the most part of the day sitting in front of the computer. Anyway, doing some excercise before or after work it's not enough: I take a very short break every 30 or 40 minutes and go for a brief stroll to stretch my legs.

I'm aware that, given the nature of my profession, it's IMPERATIVE for me to do excercise, no matter whether it's going for a walk, dancing or practising some sports.

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
Francie
Člen (2009)
němčina -> francouzština
+ ...
gym 3 times a week Feb 28, 2010

I go to the gym at least 3 times a week (courses, never on those "muscle machines") and I go swimming. But of course only if I have time... and of course I am planning to grant sports even more time...

Anyway, there is a huge difference between "keeping fit" and "making sure not to put on weight" >> somebody mentionned breastfeeding: sorry, it doesn't keep you fit. It just helps not to put on weight.

Is it really possible, for a year-long, full-time freelance translator
... See more
I go to the gym at least 3 times a week (courses, never on those "muscle machines") and I go swimming. But of course only if I have time... and of course I am planning to grant sports even more time...

Anyway, there is a huge difference between "keeping fit" and "making sure not to put on weight" >> somebody mentionned breastfeeding: sorry, it doesn't keep you fit. It just helps not to put on weight.

Is it really possible, for a year-long, full-time freelance translator, not to put on weight ??
Collapse

Fernanda Díaz
Fernanda Díaz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:45
+ ...
Yoga Mar 1, 2010

i've been doing yoga for 4 years now...it's really helpful. I also take salsa classes!!!

Ahmed Dahman
Ahmed Dahman  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 02:45
angličtina -> arabština
+ ...
Fit :) Mar 1, 2010

I play guitar, but it doesn't help at all lol

Sophia Shishatskaya
Sophia Shishatskaya  Identity Verified
Arménie
Local time: 03:45
Člen (2009)
angličtina -> ruština
+ ...
Exercising at home Mar 1, 2010

There are tons of video courses that include warm-up, stretching, dancing and strength elements. You can do it anytime, and it's cheap I try to do it 3 times a week, plus I go to the swimming pool 2 times a week (ideally). With a tough winter like we had this year, it was rather risky to go anywhere further than the nearest shop. I agree with the previously posted opinions - it's absolutely imperative that we should exercise, no m... See more
There are tons of video courses that include warm-up, stretching, dancing and strength elements. You can do it anytime, and it's cheap I try to do it 3 times a week, plus I go to the swimming pool 2 times a week (ideally). With a tough winter like we had this year, it was rather risky to go anywhere further than the nearest shop. I agree with the previously posted opinions - it's absolutely imperative that we should exercise, no matter how, but on a regular basis.Collapse

Khrystene (X)
Khrystene (X)
Austrálie
polština -> angličtina
+ ...
Other.... Mar 1, 2010

Martial Arts.

Though I also like cycling.

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Španělsko
+ ...
walking Mar 1, 2010

I answered exercising at home. I use Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs, which give me a good workout, and try to do them at least 3-4 times a week. I also walk the dog every morning, sometimes only 1/2 mile, sometimes as much as 1 1/2 miles.

I've walked a total of 125 miles so far this year, inside and out, and am about to add another 4-5!

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Itálie
angličtina -> italština
I'd like to but... Mar 1, 2010

But really no time or maybe it is just an excuse? I promise, I'll try

Sandra Petch
Sandra Petch
francouzština -> angličtina
+ ...
Swimming and cycling Mar 1, 2010

Evija Rimšāne wrote:

Swimming pool

Me too. I do a 35/40 minute session 4 times a week. A fabulous public pool opened a year ago, a minute's walk from my house Before that, I used to cycle 20 minutes to another public pool. I still cycle to get from A to B and sometimes as far as C

Claudia Aguero
Claudia Aguero  Identity Verified
Kostarika
Local time: 17:45
+ ...
Workig out at the gym Mar 1, 2010

I work out at the gym 6 days a week for 1:30 hours. This includes a a cardio-kickboxing class and 30 minutes of aerobics 3-4 times a week.
I'm at the gym every day at 6:00 in the morning.

Stran v tématu:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you keep fit?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »