Idiom Worldserver experts: Why is the TM so huge when working with large Idiom projects?
Autor vlákna: Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:32
angličtina -> španělština
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

I'm talking about a 800 MB TM!! I'm having some trouble dealing with a large Idiom project (not so big, actually, just about 15000 words), but the TM is huuuuuuuge! and it gets bigger and bigger... Right now I'm trying to open a new file which I'm supposed to edit. To do so, first thing I done was to load the existing TM for this project to this new project I’m,creating. Well, it's taking more than 30 minutes to import all TM entries... Any suggestions? TIA!

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Německo
Local time: 16:32
angličtina -> němčina
There are lots of possible brakes Nov 28, 2013

Cecilia Franetovich wrote:

Well, it's taking more than 30 minutes to import all TM entries... Any suggestions? TIA!

Your PC is too slow. Your PC needs more memory. Your harddisk wants defragmentation or is ill. Your antivirus software is the culprit. Your software continously transfers all the data to/from the cloud. Or ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom Worldserver experts: Why is the TM so huge when working with large Idiom projects?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »