Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Trados: is it worth it?
Thread poster: Márcia Francisco
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:07
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
One should of course weigh the pros against the cons Jan 3, 2022

Anthony Rudd wrote:
A CAT tool is certainly valuable, and as you say, save much repetitive work. With regard to cost: there are certainly free CAT tools, such as Omega T, although they lack the power of tools like Trados Studio.

I find the free CAT tools slow me down and most have inferior QA tools. So in the end one would have to weigh the cost against the production gain. If one feels one can live with a slow CAT tools and doesn't mind the reduced income as a result, then by all means choose a free tool.

In addition comes the fact that the more you use a tool, the more efficient you will use it, so the production reduction may of course not be as noticeable for another person as it is for me. But I would definitely prefer the extra power of the paid CAT tools.

Christine Andersen

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: is it worth it?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »