New Mentoring Program in the making. And I am new, too!
Thread poster: Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
Local time: 19:03
SITE STAFF
Dec 22, 2023

Hello everyone! I'm thrilled to share that I've recently joined the dynamic team at ProZ.com as Program Manager. My first exciting challenge? Revamping the ProZ.com mentoring program! Expect to hear plenty about this from me in the coming weeks. 🙂

Before diving into that, let's talk about something close to all of our hearts: freelancing. Yes, I'm still navigating the freelance world alongside my part-time role at ProZ.com. So, like many of you, I'm gearing up for the year ahead.
... See more
Hello everyone! I'm thrilled to share that I've recently joined the dynamic team at ProZ.com as Program Manager. My first exciting challenge? Revamping the ProZ.com mentoring program! Expect to hear plenty about this from me in the coming weeks. 🙂

Before diving into that, let's talk about something close to all of our hearts: freelancing. Yes, I'm still navigating the freelance world alongside my part-time role at ProZ.com. So, like many of you, I'm gearing up for the year ahead.

As we approach the end of the year, I find it invaluable to pause and reflect on my path as a freelance translator. This self-reflection is a ritual I swear by and here's my approach to it:

🔍 Year-End Reflection:
Career Milestones: I look back at the key achievements and skills I've acquired over the year. It's amazing to see how each experience has contributed to my growth. Leveraging AI is one example (and no, I don't use it to translate, but to assist me in translating - and also for many other things).
Goal Assessment: I evaluate how my current situation aligns with my long-term aspirations. It's an opportunity to realign and adjust my course if needed.

🎯 Setting Goals for the New Year:
After reflecting, I set clear, achievable goals for the coming year. This isn't just about career advancement but also personal growth and expanding my skills in translation and entrepreneurship.

Visualization and Planning:
I create a visual roadmap – sometimes a vision board or a simple list – outlining my milestones and upcoming goals. This visual representation keeps me motivated and focused.

I also dedicate time for a personal goal-setting session, breaking down my aspirations into tangible, short-term and long-term objectives.
Important: short-term goals are written in ink, and the end-of-year or long-term goals are written in pencil.

As we approach the new year, I encourage you to take some time for this valuable exercise. It's not just about setting goals, but about understanding your journey and celebrating your progress. How do you plan to grow in the upcoming year? I'd love to hear about your reflections and goals!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Mentoring Program in the making. And I am new, too!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »