Powwow: Wiesbaden/Frankfurt - Germany

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Wiesbaden/Frankfurt - Germany".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:28
English to German
+ ...
Location of the Powwow Dec 19, 2001

Today Alison sent a message concerning where to better hold the Powwow. I would prefer Wiesbaden for it's smaller and more quiet. Of course, should we plan to have some culture (concert, theatre etc.), then FFM. By the way: is somethingdecent going on at the "Alte Oper" that day? How do the others look at this idea?

If Frankfurt, then for lunch/dinner I would recommend the "Wäldches"
restaurant (they have their own in-house brewery and the (typical local Hessen)
kitchen
... See more
Today Alison sent a message concerning where to better hold the Powwow. I would prefer Wiesbaden for it's smaller and more quiet. Of course, should we plan to have some culture (concert, theatre etc.), then FFM. By the way: is somethingdecent going on at the "Alte Oper" that day? How do the others look at this idea?

If Frankfurt, then for lunch/dinner I would recommend the "Wäldches"
restaurant (they have their own in-house brewery and the (typical local Hessen)
kitchen is of proven quality) or something in Sachsenhausen. But
Sachsenhausen is probably more attractive during the "Äppelwoi" season than
in Winter.

Will be happy to see all of you.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Frankfurt it is..... Jan 4, 2002

The voting is absolutely equal for Frankfurt and Wiesbaden, so I've chose Frankfurt - simply because I know the city better. I suggest we go to the "Schöne Müllerin", Baumweg 12, meeting there at 19:30 on Jan. 12.

PLEASE let me know how many are in your party so that I can reserve a table. Children, partners and other guests are welcome!

"Es war einmal ein Mann, der hieß Hermann Müller. Und weil seine Frau Johanna so schön war, wurde sie die »schöne Müllerin«
... See more
The voting is absolutely equal for Frankfurt and Wiesbaden, so I've chose Frankfurt - simply because I know the city better. I suggest we go to the "Schöne Müllerin", Baumweg 12, meeting there at 19:30 on Jan. 12.

PLEASE let me know how many are in your party so that I can reserve a table. Children, partners and other guests are welcome!

"Es war einmal ein Mann, der hieß Hermann Müller. Und weil seine Frau Johanna so schön war, wurde sie die »schöne Müllerin« genannt. Als die beiden 1896 eine Apfelweinkelterei mit Gaststätte gründeten, konnten sie nicht ahnen, dass man 105 Jahre später einmal diese Zeilen über sie schreiben würde. Lange wurde der Betrieb von der Familie geführt, erst 1968 kamen Pächter ins Spiel. Torsten Dornberger, seit 1988 Herr im Haus, mischt selbst kräftig in der Küche mit und hat auch nach Jahren noch dieselben lustigen Gesichter im Team. Die gute Stimmung spürt man als Gast bei jedem Besuch – sei es in Herbst und Winter in den beiden urigen Gasträumen (einer davon auch für größere Gesellschaften) oder im Sommer im teilweise überdachten Hof. Das Publikum ist flexibel: Stammtische, Treffs, Business-People, Familien, Touristen und Szeneleute, auch aus der Gay Community. Hier kann man eben prima schwätzen – bei einem Pils (4 Mark) oder, besser, bei einem Schoppe (2,70 Mark) und einem der regionaltypischen Gerichte. Die bieten wesentlich mehr als Rippchen mit Kraut (16,50 Mark) und Handkäs mit Musik (4,30 Mark): Neben bodenständigen Fischvariationen und einer Auswahl an Steaks und Schnitzeln (Tipp: das Rumpsteak, üppig und so gebraten, wie man es bestellt; 25,80 Mark), gibt es diverse hessische Spezialitäten – schließlich gehört die »Müllerin« zur Initiative »Hessen à la carte«. »Torstens Butterbrotkartoffel« mit Lachs und Kräutern (16,50 Mark) kommt sehr pikant, die Apfelweinbratwurst mit Käse und Speck (16,80 Mark) mehr als herzhaft. Und wer einmal das riesige saftige Hessenschnitzel (gefüllt mit Äpfeln, Sauerkraut und Speck, serviert mit schön cremigem Püree, zünftiger Apfelweinsauce und Salat; 20,50 Mark), probiert hat, isst es bestimmt beim nächsten Mal wieder. Ach ja: Für die Kinderkarte, Kinderstühle und Spielzeug wurde die »Müllerin« mit einem »Frankie« des Frankfurter Hotel- und Gaststättenverbands ausgezeichnet."

Remember, this is the Nordend/Bornheim, so it may take a while to find a parking place. Directions for coming by car/public transport are included in the link below.

http://213.138.32.50/rheinmainnet/framekeeper.php?desk=/sixcms/detail.php?template=jf_magazines
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Just checked the link and it doesn't work.... Jan 4, 2002

So when the page opens, go to "Essen & Trinken" at the top of the screen, click on "Suche" and enter "Schöne Müllerin"

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Thijs van Dorssen
Thijs van Dorssen  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Hotel? Jan 4, 2002

Does anybody have a suggestion for a nearby hotel?

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF LOCATION Jan 8, 2002

Hi All!

I have just found out that "Zur schönen Müllerin" is closed that evening. We will meet at Suwadee, the Thai restaurant just a few doors down.

Sorry for any confusion!

Alison

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
The table's reserved under my name... Jan 12, 2002

Hi Everyone!
The table is reserved under my name - Riddell-Kachur - and PLEASE take some extra time to find a legal parking space. I believe the restaurant has its own parking lot, but can't guarantee that there will be space available. And parking in the Nordend/Bornheim is notoriously tricky - although I think they have done away with the residents only parking scheme which might make parking a little easier(but don't quote me on that!!!)

See you tonight!

Alison

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Wiesbaden/Frankfurt - Germany

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »