Cagri Aras
Cagri Aras  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:23
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Jul 9, 2002

Greetings!

First of all thanks to all commentators replied to my posting. I agree and disagree with Mr. Torunoglu to some extent but we certainly need some clarification.

Regarding his first point, as indicated by the checkbox under the message text box, Proz.com gives us the option of using HTML tags in our posts, and it was just my personal preferance to use them. I could have also used BBCODE and Smilies in my post. Personal preferance.

... See more
Greetings!

First of all thanks to all commentators replied to my posting. I agree and disagree with Mr. Torunoglu to some extent but we certainly need some clarification.

Regarding his first point, as indicated by the checkbox under the message text box, Proz.com gives us the option of using HTML tags in our posts, and it was just my personal preferance to use them. I could have also used BBCODE and Smilies in my post. Personal preferance.

I can understand his concerns about \'luring clients to my office\' issue, however I do not think that to acquire new clients, it is the best way to call for translators -i.e., service providers- to gather around my web site. It was just an invitation and I thought proz.com was a great place to find clients, and I wanted my site to be a great site for discussions. I can understand his skepticism about doing this under a trade name, but I wanted to make use of what I already had and I thought the domain name \'turkishworks.com\' was generic enough for such a mission.

Regarding his last point, the posting was a general invitation instead of a personal announcement -as opposed to this posting- that was why I did not put my name on it. There\'s enough information in my profile, in case one does not find it useful, he/she is always free to contact me in person.

Cagri Aras

Btw., I\'ve just noticed that there is an oddity in my initial post that was not apparent at the time of my original posting, which I think is later caused by a technical problem. It looks absolutely truncated.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-09 02:35 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online Community for Turkish Language Professionals

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »