Fine Reader 8 Pro unable to save text in Russian font
Автор темы: Zoya1711 (X)
Zoya1711 (X)
Zoya1711 (X)
английский => русский
Jul 15, 2006

Has anyone had a similar experience?
I have scanned a bilingual (English & Russian) text document into Fine Reader 8 Pro. Everything worked fine (scan, read, edit, etc) up to 'Save' stage. The English font gets saved without any problems to either Worf or PDF format, but no matter what I try, I am unable to force the Fine Reader to export Russian font to any text file (e.g. Word) - it all comes out in illegible  symbols. I have followed all the instructions in the User G
... See more
Has anyone had a similar experience?
I have scanned a bilingual (English & Russian) text document into Fine Reader 8 Pro. Everything worked fine (scan, read, edit, etc) up to 'Save' stage. The English font gets saved without any problems to either Worf or PDF format, but no matter what I try, I am unable to force the Fine Reader to export Russian font to any text file (e.g. Word) - it all comes out in illegible  symbols. I have followed all the instructions in the User Guide, but the problem still exists. What am I doing wrong or what is it that I am missing? Please help!!

[Edited at 2006-07-15 12:57]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-07-15 13:01]
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 17:09
русский => английский
+ ...
Памяти
You can get an extra file Jul 16, 2006

I can't remember the details, but when I got mine about a year ago, I ordered a special file for the Russian language to go with it, simply called "Russian.exe". I don't think there is any extra charge for this. I installed it and have never had any such problem as you describe.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 17:09
русский => английский
+ ...
Памяти
Here's how to get the add-on Jul 16, 2006

Just been checking up on this. To obtain this file:
Go to Abbyy website (there is a link in the Help menu).
Click the Downloads tab.
Click on Additional recognition languages for Abbyy Fine Reader 8.0.
Click on Russian, download & install the file.
It is free to owners of AFR 8.0.
Hope it helps.

Zoya1711 (X)
Zoya1711 (X)
английский => русский
Автор темы
Thank you for your advice, Jack! Jul 16, 2006

I'll certainly give it a shot & let you know the result.
I really appreciate you spending your time trying to help me. Thanks again!

genialna
genialna
английский
here it is Jan 14, 2009

http://www.abbyy.com/finereader8/?param=44967

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Латвия
Local time: 19:09
Член ProZ.com c 2003
английский => латышский
+ ...
Trial version Jan 15, 2009

From the description I think you are using a Trial Version of FineReader. I encountered like when my Finereader after crach of computer lost registration info- after entering it anew all went well- but took me some time to figure out the reason, as the program opened as normal, without any warnings about it running in Evaluation Mode.

Uldis

Zoya1711 wrote:
I am unable to force the Fine Reader to export Russian font to any text file (e.g. Word) - it all comes out in illegible  symbols. I have followed all the instructions in the User Guide, but the problem still exists.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fine Reader 8 Pro unable to save text in Russian font

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »