Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you speak any of these constructed languages?
Autor wątku: ProZ.com Staff
Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
I don't speak an artificial language... Jun 21, 2016

but I can read Tolkien's dwarven runes, which are an artificial alphabet based on Futhark runes.
And at one time, I could read elvish.

Off to learn Ogam this month.

André Müller
André Müller
Niemcy
Local time: 08:00
niemiecki > esperanto
+ ...
Esperanto & Klingon Sep 12, 2022

Unfortunately the poll only had radio buttons...

I am actually fluent in both Esperanto and Klingon and have done translation projects for both languages. Currently a sci-fi short story to Klingon. The speech community of Klingon is actually bigger than many people might think. Still only a few hundred, but yes, we exist.

I have also learned some Toki Pona, Lojban, and Na'vi
... See more
Unfortunately the poll only had radio buttons...

I am actually fluent in both Esperanto and Klingon and have done translation projects for both languages. Currently a sci-fi short story to Klingon. The speech community of Klingon is actually bigger than many people might think. Still only a few hundred, but yes, we exist.

I have also learned some Toki Pona, Lojban, and Na'vi in the past, but cannot speak them.
Collapse

Maxsun Trans

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugalia
Local time: 07:00
Członek ProZ.com
od 2015

angielski > portugalski
+ ...
No, but... Sep 13, 2022

esperantisto wrote:

I have never heard a real person speaking Portuguese, but based on solely my personal experience I would not say that Portuguese is not actually spoken

I am very surprised by your strange comment, and even more so knowing that Russian and Portuguese (meaning the European variant) share some identical sounds...
No, I never learned any of those languages, but at University I had to learn Latin which unfortunately I have forgotten, but it helps me understand a lot of vocabulary, mainly in Romance languages.

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 02:00
japoński > angielski
+ ...
constructed language? Sep 14, 2022

"Kladu barada niktu" (Gort, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still", 1952).

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
angielski > indonezyjski
No Sep 17, 2022

No. But during high school, I made up an alphabet system to encrypt my diary.

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you speak any of these constructed languages?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »