101 - Let's use SDL Trados 2011 - Beginners' workshop
The on-demand session from the bundle can be purchased individually, but if you wish to participate in all sessions from the series you can purchase two sessions as a complete package at the special price: 99 USD:
In 150 minutes (two sessions, 90 minutes + 60 minutes) we will learn to use SDL Trados 2011.
In order to attend the session you would need to have the program installed on your computer. The software features will be presented via the trainer’s machine but after the first online workshop all attendees will be given a task to be completed by using the CAT tool. To purchase the license please check the available TGB offers or download the trial version.
Download the manual which will help you to install the CAT tool.
There are brilliant translators out there, who may need some help, when it comes to software tool usage. I will try to bridge this gap for you.
Since the course is dedicated to beginners, we will build a solid base with few important processes and the terminology, which you need to start translating with Studio immediately after the first course.
The training consists of two webinars:
1. The first webinar will last 90 minutes and attendees will learn the most about the tool's usage (What a CAT tool is, the basic terms, translation memory creation, project creation, the quality assurance).
2. After the first webinar all participants will be invited to work on their homework and recreate a project with translation memory and terms on your own into your preferred target language. All participants are welcome to send their questions to the trainer on the training forum.
3. The second webinar will last 60 minutes and will be based on questions shared by attendees after they complete their homework.
English speaking translators, who own, but don't translate - or translate very occasionally - with SDL Trados Studio 2011.
You will learn the basics of working with SDL Studio and:
- to create and maintain a translation memory.
- to create a project and add your translatable files to it.
- to use and update your termbase
- to customize and use Studio's quality checker
Correctly installed SDL Trados 2011 with a proper licence.
Click to expand
1. What is a CAT tool?
2. Defining the basic terms
3. Creating a translation memory
4. Creating a project
5. Customize and learn to use the quality assurance
After the first part you get some homework, which you need to return to me before the second course with your questions. The second course will be based on your questions. I will explain the most common mistakes and try to resolve the problems, you experienced during the homework.
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 99.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording. How do I purchase the video? To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records. How do I access the video? Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here VIDEO TITLE
Hajnalka Kis View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course