Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 7, 2020

Hello everyone

Is there a way I can see or generate a report that shows whether a 95% match came from the translator's own TM or from the client's TM?

I often get files for proofreading where the client had pre-translated the file against his own, reliable TM, and then the translator used MT (with the client's consent). But if there is an untranslated segment that is a 95% match for another segment that the translator translated via MT, it shows up in WFP5 as a "95%" ma
... See more
Hello everyone

Is there a way I can see or generate a report that shows whether a 95% match came from the translator's own TM or from the client's TM?

I often get files for proofreading where the client had pre-translated the file against his own, reliable TM, and then the translator used MT (with the client's consent). But if there is an untranslated segment that is a 95% match for another segment that the translator translated via MT, it shows up in WFP5 as a "95%" match, in a way that is identical to if the 95% match came from the client's approved and reviewed TM.

I examined the source code of the TXLF file, but there doesn't seem to be any way to distinguish a fuzzy match from an unreviewed machine translation from a fuzzy match from a reviewed unit in the client's TM.

WFP5 fake fuzzy match

Any advice? I can't ask the client for the original, untranslated TXLF file.

Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Distinguishing between fuzzy match from MT and fuzzy match from TM

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »