Thread poster: Clara Nino
Clara Nino
Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 12:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 22, 2018

Hi, I am working on Wordfast Pro 3, and I need to expand a segment to fit the translated text. I know there is a button to expand segment, but when I tried to use, the system popped a message stating the segments do not belong to the same paragraph. Help!!

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:22
Member (2006)
French to English
Expand segments beyond paragraph Jun 24, 2018

Hello Clara,

There is an option in the preferences to allow segment expansion beyond an end-of-paragraph marker. It is called "Merge across paragraphs" and you'll find it under "Translations": https://www.screencast.com/t/AVa6kfIOFEX

Kind regards,
John

Clara Nino
Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 12:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3 Jun 24, 2018

Thank, John, I edited the source to make the segment longer, and then erase the added text. It worked, but from now on, I will use your option, far easier then my solution!

Thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »