Marina Puertas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:34
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 11, 2012

Good day all,

I have been given some HTML files to translate and when I open them, they pop up in a window in my explorer (as if they were websites).

I can edit them of course but I do need to save what I edit and send it afterwards?

Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

Thanks in advance,
Marina

Serge Mazille
Serge Mazille
With a CAT tool Sep 11, 2012

Hello Marina,

The easiest way is to translate your html files with a CAT tool such as SDL Trados.

You can also edit them with notepad (I personally use Notepad++) or an other text editing software. But don't use Word or an other word processing tool because it adds its own tags and 'corrupts' the file...

Let's say you are using Notepad : when you're done, you just have to save your file, the format will stay the same, no need to worry about that.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Please be more specific Sep 11, 2012

Which software did you use for translation? Are the files that open in IE translated? Do they look normal or something is wrong with them?

In other words, in case you expect any help from colleagues, please try explaining your problem in details.

Marina Puertas
Marina Puertas  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem has been solved now Sep 11, 2012

Thanks Serge for your answer. You have solved my problem.

Natalie, I will try to be more specific next time.

Thanks to those who read my post.

Kind regards,
Marina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I save an edited HTML file?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »