MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 22:38
Italian to German
+ ...
Jul 10, 2012

Hi,

not too long ago I have downloaded and installed the new Spell Checker feature of the latest XBench version, following the instructions of the Blog (link from the Apsic web page).
It has run fine with my first little imported project and I'm rather impressed by the good overview and quick handling.

But when I now import a project, after chosing Ongoing Translation , running the spell check in the QA tab will cause XBench to present me the wrong language (Fren
... See more
Hi,

not too long ago I have downloaded and installed the new Spell Checker feature of the latest XBench version, following the instructions of the Blog (link from the Apsic web page).
It has run fine with my first little imported project and I'm rather impressed by the good overview and quick handling.

But when I now import a project, after chosing Ongoing Translation , running the spell check in the QA tab will cause XBench to present me the wrong language (French in that case, where my tmx is French-German and I want obviously to spell check the German part).
Ok, I then chose "Switch language pairs" in the Properties, but very strangely XBench still wants to spell check the French language segments.
I quit Xbench to open the tmx file with Olifant and re-export, making sure that the source/target is French/German.

Still when importing this as a new project, XBench will obstinately get me to Spell check only French !?!
What's up with this? Is this feature buggy? What's your experience with the Spell Checker?

Thank you for any feedback,
Mike

[Edited at 2012-07-11 12:33 GMT]
Collapse

Oleg Karnaushenko
Oleg Karnaushenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:38
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Checkbox Jul 11, 2012

Hi Mike,

You can select Spellchecker language in the Spellcheck group on the QA tab. Checkboxes for installed languages will be listed in the right group.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 22:38
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved... Jul 11, 2012

Hello Oleg,

the reason of the problem was the high number of attribute fields in my tmx files. Taking them out will make Xbench work correctly.

Thanks anyway,
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[SOLVED] Apsic XBench: Spell Checker runs the wrong language

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »