O3C
O3C  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:17
German to Swedish
+ ...
May 28, 2012

Hi!
I am running a small translation agency specilized in high-tech translations. All translators are really specilized into their specific fields and finding the correct translators is of highest importants for us.
Today we use a home-made system based on MS Project. It is not at all perfect and rather expensive (MS Projetc licenses).
I am therefore looking for a simple software with the following features aimed at resource managent and also working as a planning tool:
-
... See more
Hi!
I am running a small translation agency specilized in high-tech translations. All translators are really specilized into their specific fields and finding the correct translators is of highest importants for us.
Today we use a home-made system based on MS Project. It is not at all perfect and rather expensive (MS Projetc licenses).
I am therefore looking for a simple software with the following features aimed at resource managent and also working as a planning tool:
- defining the resources/translators/reviewers in different aspects like some 100 technical fields, knowledge in good/expert in each field, language pairs, roles (translator/reviewer etc.)
- defining translation projects (start/finish etc.)
- adding resources to a project
- resource maagement
- preferably web based or easy to access from different locations
- overview of translatin projects
- platform is not important, why not an Excel based program that we can share as a cloud file?

I find loads of software on the web but they are all focused on TM management, something we rearly use due to the type of translatiosn we do, and all seems to be content with "then you add te translator with this button.."

Well, all good suggestions are wellcome!

Olle Bäcklund (Mr.)
O3C / Direct Validation
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource managment software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »