Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:52
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 25, 2012

G'day everyone

Does anyone know of a free or cheap glossary QC tool that performs subword checking in the target field?

In other words, if my glossary contains this:

dog = hond
cat = kat
lake = meer

...and my translation pair is:

The little dog chases the cat around the flake = Die hondjie jaag die muis om die dam

...then the QC should not flag the ab
... See more
G'day everyone

Does anyone know of a free or cheap glossary QC tool that performs subword checking in the target field?

In other words, if my glossary contains this:

dog = hond
cat = kat
lake = meer

...and my translation pair is:

The little dog chases the cat around the flake = Die hondjie jaag die muis om die dam

...then the QC should not flag the absence of "hond" in the target text (because "hond" is present in "hondjie"), and it should flag the absence of "kat" in the target text (since "cat" is present in the source text).

Optionally, if the QC tool can flag the absence of "meer" (because of the presence of "lake" in "flake"), then that would be cool as well, but that is something that my existing CAT tools can do already.

My glossaries are in plain text tab delimited format (but I can convert it), and my texts are generally in uncleaned RTF or in MS Word table format (but I can convert it).

Does anyone know of such a tool?

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2012-04-25 12:16 GMT]
Collapse

Verifika could perform subword check Jun 12, 2012

Hi Samuel,

Similar feature is available in Verifika QC tool.
When you'll check your example segment, tool will report missing hond term, but it will suggest you to add "hondjie" as term variation.
So, you could do one of the following:
- Filter all errors where suggestion is not empty (so, some word variation exists in target)
- Add correct word variations (all related
... See more
Hi Samuel,

Similar feature is available in Verifika QC tool.
When you'll check your example segment, tool will report missing hond term, but it will suggest you to add "hondjie" as term variation.
So, you could do one of the following:
- Filter all errors where suggestion is not empty (so, some word variation exists in target)
- Add correct word variations (all related errors will be removed from report)
In the second case, you'll be able to add "hondjie" as correct word form in one click, so all errors where term translation was "hondjie" will be removed from report immediately.

It's not free, but freelance edition is available for 75 euro only.

Hope it helps!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary QC tool that does subword checking in target

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »