Daniel Pestana  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:07
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 7, 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing some Android Apps and I'm very interested in your suggestions for some great features. Until now, this is the main feature I have planned:

- CAT Count (word count) with the ability to find 100% matches and repetitions. A log file will be generated after analyze has finished (probably on an Excel Sheet). It will be possible to add your rates to each match. I'm trying to find a way to use a TM through a server, but it's not an easy ta
... See more
Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing some Android Apps and I'm very interested in your suggestions for some great features. Until now, this is the main feature I have planned:

- CAT Count (word count) with the ability to find 100% matches and repetitions. A log file will be generated after analyze has finished (probably on an Excel Sheet). It will be possible to add your rates to each match. I'm trying to find a way to use a TM through a server, but it's not an easy task.

For the iPhone fanboys (like me), after finishing the Android App I'll be developing one for the iOS (much, much difficult).

Many thanks.
Best,
Daniel Pestana
Collapse

Jenn Mercer
Jenn Mercer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:07
Member (2009)
French to English
Good idea Mar 8, 2012

I love the idea of an android app for counting words. I can read docs and pdfs on my phone, but often have to delay quoting till I get home in order to have an accurate word count. The features I would appreciate most are:

1) Word counts for PDFs

2) Internal repetitions - this is more for my own knowledge of how long it will take to do a project. I would not worry so much about comparing against a TM on a remote server, but it would be nice if I could compare it to a T
... See more
I love the idea of an android app for counting words. I can read docs and pdfs on my phone, but often have to delay quoting till I get home in order to have an accurate word count. The features I would appreciate most are:

1) Word counts for PDFs

2) Internal repetitions - this is more for my own knowledge of how long it will take to do a project. I would not worry so much about comparing against a TM on a remote server, but it would be nice if I could compare it to a TM attached to the same email.
Collapse

Daniel Pestana
Daniel Pestana  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:07
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 8, 2012

Hi Jenn,

Many thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Feel free to check out my first App, using the following QR Code (I think I'm the first translator to have one):

http://www.pestanatranslations.com/downloads/pestanaqrcode.png

Nothing fancy, I know, but it will surely help my clients.
Best.

[Editado em 2012-03-08 0
... See more
Hi Jenn,

Many thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Feel free to check out my first App, using the following QR Code (I think I'm the first translator to have one):

http://www.pestanatranslations.com/downloads/pestanaqrcode.png

Nothing fancy, I know, but it will surely help my clients.
Best.

[Editado em 2012-03-08 02:27 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Android App for translators

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »