Commenting in Adobe Reader
Thread poster: Maria Popova
Evija Rimšāne
Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:59
English to Latvian
Try alternatives Mar 6, 2012

You can always use another free tool with full commenting functionality, for instance, PDF-XChange: http://download.cnet.com/PDF-XChange-Viewer/3000-10743_4-10598377.html
It's the best Adobe Acrobat alternative, to my opinion.

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You! Mar 6, 2012

Thank you, Evija!)

keshab
keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Nitro Pro7 Mar 7, 2012

For a substitute of adobe acrobat, you can try Nitro Pro7 which is multi functional and very useful for proofreading of pdf file.
You can download its trial version from http://www.nitropdf.com/try

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 7, 2012

Thank you, Keshab for the useful link!)

Xavier84
Xavier84  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:59
English to French
+ ...
just checking one thing Mar 7, 2012

I don't really understand why you can't use the standard highlights/sticky notes to mark up your corrections - is it the client who doesn't want you to use that?
Sticky notes and highlights have always done the job for me - whether I was proofreading or making the corrections in the artwork.
I see what you're calling the "text edit" tool, but at the end of the day all you're doing is marking up the corrections for someone else to make in whatever program the PDF was exported from (I
... See more
I don't really understand why you can't use the standard highlights/sticky notes to mark up your corrections - is it the client who doesn't want you to use that?
Sticky notes and highlights have always done the job for me - whether I was proofreading or making the corrections in the artwork.
I see what you're calling the "text edit" tool, but at the end of the day all you're doing is marking up the corrections for someone else to make in whatever program the PDF was exported from (I doubt that's of any relevance here but this is normally indicated in the properties of any PDF).
Anyway, your client doesn't require a "clean" PDF with all corrections incorporated, do they?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Commenting in Adobe Reader

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »