Wordcount in multiple csv files - how to combine them together?
Thread poster: Tomas_Buchta
Feb 21, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I have a questions regarding a wordcount task I perform monthly.

One client of ours, they send us many small projects which we then invoice once in a month. For each of these projects, I receive a csv file with word count. So at the end of month, I have some 50-80 csv files which I then manually count together.

Question - is there any method how to deal with this in a more efficient way? Some software that can add up sums from particular fi
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have a questions regarding a wordcount task I perform monthly.

One client of ours, they send us many small projects which we then invoice once in a month. For each of these projects, I receive a csv file with word count. So at the end of month, I have some 50-80 csv files which I then manually count together.

Question - is there any method how to deal with this in a more efficient way? Some software that can add up sums from particular files into one complete word count etc. Any ideas or hints will be very much appreciated.

Best regards
Tomas
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordcount in multiple csv files - how to combine them together?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »