Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
Local time: 04:31
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Jan 20, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

This is to inform you that beta testing of ChangeTracker ( www.change-tracker.com ) freeware application is completed, and we have released version 1.0. This application compares different versions of translated files in various bilingual formats and can be used in QA processes.

We've introduced some features requested by the users: a better segment visualization,
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

This is to inform you that beta testing of ChangeTracker ( www.change-tracker.com ) freeware application is completed, and we have released version 1.0. This application compares different versions of translated files in various bilingual formats and can be used in QA processes.

We've introduced some features requested by the users: a better segment visualization, file explorer, support of SDLXliff and MemoQ Xliff, and over 10 other enhancements.

Also we've made a short video demonstrating how the application works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxuBQi6PrE

I'd like to thank everyone who informed us about bugs and was sending suggestions during beta testing, as it helped us to improve application greatly. We are looking forward for your further feedbacks and ideas on further application development.

Kind regards,
Vladimir
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:31
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Impressive Jan 20, 2012

Vladimir Kukharenko wrote:
Also we've made a short video demonstrating how the application works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxuBQi6PrE

After having watched the video (often skipping ahead) I must say it looks impressive. I like the fact that it can handle multiple files simultaneously, and the fact that it can toggle between showing all segments or only changed segments.

How customisable are the exported results?

Do I understand correctly that one can accept/reject changes from within ChangeTracker, or is this only a viewer?

Do I need to have those programs installed to be able to view their files (e.g. XLF or TXML)?

One bug: If I select "My computer" in the file browser and click the option to add the files, the program freezes. In fact, it freezes temporarily whenever I attempt to add large numbers of files. How about a warning with a threshold, e.g. "Attempting to add 10 000 files, are you sure?"

When I run the program, it attempts to mail.technolex-translations.com [50.28.28.115], port 80. Why is that?

[Edited at 2012-01-20 11:01 GMT]

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Samuel Jan 20, 2012

The results are exported into Excel-compatible XML, and you can export either all the segments or just those which were corrected. We may consider further customization for next versions.

You cannot accept/reject changes, as such feature would require the application to edit the files. We may think about further development in this direction, but for the time being the main fucntion of this freeware is to produce the report of the changes made by the editor in translation, and then
... See more
The results are exported into Excel-compatible XML, and you can export either all the segments or just those which were corrected. We may consider further customization for next versions.

You cannot accept/reject changes, as such feature would require the application to edit the files. We may think about further development in this direction, but for the time being the main fucntion of this freeware is to produce the report of the changes made by the editor in translation, and then to use this report for various QA- and training-related purposes.

You need to have MS Word installed to compare bilinbgual .doc/docx files. For other formats, you do not need the corresponding applications intalled, since ChangeTracker parses their contents independently.

Thanks for the bug report, I'll record it into our bug tracking system.

As for mail.technolex-translations.com [50.28.28.115], port 80, application is checking for the updates.

Kind regards,
Vladimir
Collapse

Yuri Dubrov
Yuri Dubrov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:31
English to Russian
+ ...
A download link is missing Jan 20, 2012

I would like to download it. Seems to be quite useful.
TIA

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Please check in the starter postiong of this thread Jan 20, 2012

http://www.proz.com/post/1877041#1877041

The link is there.

[Edited at 2012-01-20 19:12 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Download link Jan 20, 2012

Yuri Dubrov wrote:
I would like to download it. Seems to be quite useful.

http://www.change-tracker.com/en/download.html
http://www.change-tracker.com/en/download.html?download=5:change-tracker

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Looks promising Jan 21, 2012

Just installed it and will certainly give it a try. Any plans to support DVX2 external view in table mode in the future?

Volodymyr Kukharenko
Volodymyr Kukharenko
Ukraine
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DVX2 Jan 25, 2012

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

Just installed it and will certainly give it a try. Any plans to support DVX2 external view in table mode in the future?

Hi Wolfgang,

It depends on how we manage to interpret the format, I've added it to our feature request list for the future versions.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
XLIFF would be the way to go Jan 28, 2012

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

The obvious solution would be to have the "export to XLIFF" function included in the Professional edition of DVX2, rather than only in the Workgroup edition, as now. I don't really understand the rationale in making XLIFF a Workgroup-only feature. But that's not Vladimir's problem, of course.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ChangeTracker - version 1.0 released

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »