Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:52
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 14, 2012

G'day everyone

I'm using Olifant 3.0.8_22 on Windows XP SP2 to remove duplicate TUs in a merged TM.

My problem is that I can't seem to control which one of a duplicate is removed or kept -- Olifant chooses one and deletes the rest. In my merged TM, some TUs are more trusted and some are less trusted (indicated by change-user ID). If Olifant finds a duplicate, I want it to delete the less trusted one (i.e. one with a change-user ID that I designate as less trusted).... See more
G'day everyone

I'm using Olifant 3.0.8_22 on Windows XP SP2 to remove duplicate TUs in a merged TM.

My problem is that I can't seem to control which one of a duplicate is removed or kept -- Olifant chooses one and deletes the rest. In my merged TM, some TUs are more trusted and some are less trusted (indicated by change-user ID). If Olifant finds a duplicate, I want it to delete the less trusted one (i.e. one with a change-user ID that I designate as less trusted).

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

The reason why I care about which duplicate is deleted is because I penalise TUs in my CAT tool, and trusted TUs are penalised less (or not at all). Therefore if Olifant deletes TUs with trusted change-user IDs, my TM will become less useful (leverage-wise) than it would have been if I had retained the duplicates.

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Tried this? Jan 14, 2012

I'm not an Olifant expert but maybe you can do it by flagging the entries you want to delete:

Click Ctrl+E
Choose the predefined condition that matches the duplicates you want.
Click on "User defined condition (the...."
In the blank space under this write the name of the user ID you want to remove.
Click on the box next to ChgUser
Click OK

Now one of the buttons below and between "Navigation" and "Entries" is called "Set Filer for Flagged E
... See more
I'm not an Olifant expert but maybe you can do it by flagging the entries you want to delete:

Click Ctrl+E
Choose the predefined condition that matches the duplicates you want.
Click on "User defined condition (the...."
In the blank space under this write the name of the user ID you want to remove.
Click on the box next to ChgUser
Click OK

Now one of the buttons below and between "Navigation" and "Entries" is called "Set Filer for Flagged Entries", click on it.

You should now only have those entries that match the criteria, so if you remove them you will be leaving the IDs you trust.

[Edited at 2012-01-14 17:08 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Okapi: how to remove specific duplicates

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »