Reset Project numbers - TO3000 (version 8.0)
Thread poster: Estefanía González
Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 10, 2012

Hi everyone,

I work with TO3000 (version 8.0). I would like to reset the annual codes but I don’t manage to do it.

I have tried to input 0001 at the next project code field under advanced settings>codes>next project code but it doesn’t work.

Can you please advise?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Estefanía

PS. I have already selected the Enable annual numbering resets option.

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check with AIT Jan 12, 2012

As far as I understand you can't renumber the projects (I imagine these are unique ID keys for the underlying database) what gets renumbered are the invoice numbers.

Best thing is to probably check with AIT tech support

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 19:09
Project codes reset Jan 24, 2012

Dear Estafania,

Thank you for your question.

'Enable annual numbering resets' option resets only global invoice codes. It does not affect to project codes.

Project codes cannot be reset every year. If you want to start codes of projects from 1 every year, you may start every year with an Empty database. Your clients can be exported and then imported using TO3000 Import Utility. Please note that in this case all your previous projects, invoices, quotes, etc.
... See more
Dear Estafania,

Thank you for your question.

'Enable annual numbering resets' option resets only global invoice codes. It does not affect to project codes.

Project codes cannot be reset every year. If you want to start codes of projects from 1 every year, you may start every year with an Empty database. Your clients can be exported and then imported using TO3000 Import Utility. Please note that in this case all your previous projects, invoices, quotes, etc. will be deleted.

Also, as a workaround, you can create custom fields for projects (like "Custom Project Code") and input there manually any codes that you need. Custom fields can be created in Projetex Server Administrator > Corporate Settings tab > Custom Fields option.

Best regards,
Aleksandr.
----------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Dyatlov,
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reset Project numbers - TO3000 (version 8.0)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »