Comparison software (excel and ppt files)
Thread poster: Vanina Ricciardelli
Vanina Ricciardelli
Vanina Ricciardelli  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2011

Do you guys know of any software that compares two differente excel and/or powerpoint files?

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
English to Danish
+ ...
Please specify Sep 2, 2011

Compare in terms of what?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:47
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Workaround Sep 2, 2011

Vanina Ricciardelli wrote:
Do you guys know of any software that compares two differente Excel and/or PowerPoint files?

No, I don't, but if I had to compare two such files I would extract all text from it using a CAT tool and create a TM from the old version's text and pre-translate the new version against it, to see where the differences lie.

Vanina Ricciardelli
Vanina Ricciardelli  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
to compare translation vs. edited file Sep 6, 2011

I need to compare a translation against the edited file to see the changes and give feedback to the translator. With MS Word files, I can use track changes, but not with Excel or PowerPoint.

Saïd
Saïd
English to Dutch
+ ...
Indeed there is Jan 26, 2012

There are several applications that allow you to do this, one of which is:

http://go.workshare.com/trials-powerpoint.html
Has a free and fully functioning 30-day trial - I've tried it and it works like a charm, also shows formatting changes - nice to have.

Also, apparently our friends at Microsoft have come to their senses and the Compare & Merge function ha
... See more
There are several applications that allow you to do this, one of which is:

http://go.workshare.com/trials-powerpoint.html
Has a free and fully functioning 30-day trial - I've tried it and it works like a charm, also shows formatting changes - nice to have.

Also, apparently our friends at Microsoft have come to their senses and the Compare & Merge function has returned to PowerPoint 2010 after the debacle of 2007.

Hope that helps,
Saïd.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparison software (excel and ppt files)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »