Thread poster: Eleni Makantani
gail desautels
gail desautels  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:17
French to English
Babylon is fraudulent Mar 4, 2012

I purchased Babylon 8 in 2010 or 2009.

Initially I loved the software. However, I have had nothing but problems with them since approximately June of 2011.

The premium dictionaries I purchased, with a lifetime license, appear to be no longer available.

Despite repeated communications with the company, all they want to do is get you to pay more and upgrade to Version 9. However, I tried 9 and didn't like it. Then I had to fight with them through PayPal fo
... See more
I purchased Babylon 8 in 2010 or 2009.

Initially I loved the software. However, I have had nothing but problems with them since approximately June of 2011.

The premium dictionaries I purchased, with a lifetime license, appear to be no longer available.

Despite repeated communications with the company, all they want to do is get you to pay more and upgrade to Version 9. However, I tried 9 and didn't like it. Then I had to fight with them through PayPal for a refund (even though I was ensured by their salesperson that there was a 14 day refund, no questions asked policy).

What the salesperson tried to tell me at that time, is that the Licenses that I had purchased were no longer available??? (gee, did they ever real hold them).

This company is a big waste of time, and a major "consumer fraud" in my opinion. They will sell you their product, and all of the add-ons, but they won't support it, and will try to get you to upgrade constantly, to ensure a continuous source of profits for their company.

[Edited at 2012-03-05 14:43 GMT]
Collapse

KarnEvil (X)
KarnEvil (X)
South Africa
Local time: 03:17
German to English
+ ...
Already years ago Mar 5, 2012

I realised that Babylon is rubbish. I will never install anything by this "company" on any of my PCs. But it also takes two to tango, a dubious provider of "solutions" and a fool (sorry) who falls for it. Besides, there are many other services (some cheap, some free) that provide better results.

gail desautels
gail desautels  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:17
French to English
Babylon Mar 5, 2012

well I wouldn't go so far as to say I am a fool - the product is actually very good when it works (although my preference is definitely for Babylon 8 over Babylon 9)

and yes, have once again gone through the wringer with this company (happens everytime I have to re-install due to computer failure etc.), but the problem has just been resolved satisfactorily this time by Shahar.G. at Babylon, with many thanks.

The unfortunate thing is that you have to scream very loudly t
... See more
well I wouldn't go so far as to say I am a fool - the product is actually very good when it works (although my preference is definitely for Babylon 8 over Babylon 9)

and yes, have once again gone through the wringer with this company (happens everytime I have to re-install due to computer failure etc.), but the problem has just been resolved satisfactorily this time by Shahar.G. at Babylon, with many thanks.

The unfortunate thing is that you have to scream very loudly to be heard by the right people.

[Edited at 2012-03-05 14:42 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Babylon "overused licenses"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »