Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 17, 2018

Hello everyone

Using Trados 2019 (and with or without the Advanced Display Filter), how can I filter segments that do not contain "["? I assumed regex would do it, but I can't figure out the pattern.

Thanks
Samuel

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:23
English to Russian
^[^[]+$ Aug 17, 2018

The second (out of 3) bracket is yours. You can replace it with any other* char if need be.

*If you decide to use another char for exclusion.

[Edited at 2018-08-17 14:49 GMT]

Simon Cole
Simon Cole  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:23
Member (2008)
French to English
Community Advanced Display Filter Aug 22, 2018

I addition to the Adv Disp Filter that comes with Studio, there is a plugin called Community Adv Disp Filter available free from the SDL appstore. This has an extra facility to Reverse the search criteria, so you search for segments containing '[' then reverse the search.
Simon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2019, find segments that do not contain a character

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »