Anyone has purchased only SDL MultiTerm but not the SDL Studio suite?
Thread poster: shamck
shamck
shamck
Taiwan
Sep 25, 2017

Hi, everyone, I'm new to this forum, a freelancer from Hong Kong.
I'm thinking to buy SDL MultiTerm 2017 to work with MS words as none of my clients here requires me to work with the XML file, and I've tried SDL Trados freelance 2007, found it too complicated.
I just want to build my glossary/TM and work with MS words file, have talked to SDL customer services; she said it is ok to purchase the MultiTerm alone.

Would like to hear users' feedback, is it user-friendly? I
... See more
Hi, everyone, I'm new to this forum, a freelancer from Hong Kong.
I'm thinking to buy SDL MultiTerm 2017 to work with MS words as none of my clients here requires me to work with the XML file, and I've tried SDL Trados freelance 2007, found it too complicated.
I just want to build my glossary/TM and work with MS words file, have talked to SDL customer services; she said it is ok to purchase the MultiTerm alone.

Would like to hear users' feedback, is it user-friendly? I can’t find any trail for the MultiTerm.
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:16
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
It is OK for them to get your money, Sep 25, 2017

because why not?

You can use an Excel file to build your glossary and this would be my bit of advice. Buying MT only is completely senseless.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:16
English to Italian
Alternatives Sep 25, 2017

Like Andrzej, I too believe that purchasing MultiTerm separately doesn't make much sense.

Also, there are free alternatives out there. Just to name a couple, you could use Anaphraseus (an
... See more
Like Andrzej, I too believe that purchasing MultiTerm separately doesn't make much sense.

Also, there are free alternatives out there. Just to name a couple, you could use Anaphraseus (an OpenOffice extension, at http://anaphraseus.sourceforge.net/ ) or Xbench 2.9 ( http://www.xbench.net/index.php/download ).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone has purchased only SDL MultiTerm but not the SDL Studio suite?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »