Bid Submission Delays
Thread poster: daniel debono ([email protected])
daniel debono (ddebonobus@gmail.com)
daniel debono ([email protected])
Local time: 14:58
French to English
In memoriam
Sep 2, 2020

It seems that it often takes up to 3 minutes before I receive proz bid submission acknowledgment emails yet when I verify my email app by sending myself an email along with cv attachment, the latter comes back within 2 seconds.
Since bid submission time is so critical, I'd like to know whether anyone else has this problem.
Does anyone know how to improve proz bid submission times?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:58
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Daniel Sep 4, 2020

Is bid submission time really so critical? I don’t bid very often because of the rates “offered” or the payment method (I don’t accept PayPal) but I must say that I’m much more successful when I’m contacted directly through the directory in comparison to responding to job posts (I used to do it in the first years). I don’t think that the bidding is “a first come, first served” system, but anyway 3 minutes is not very long…

daniel debono (ddebonobus@gmail.com)
daniel debono ([email protected])
Local time: 14:58
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
bid delay significance Sep 4, 2020

Since there is so much competition the number of bids adds up quickly.
It can reach 10 or more within a matter of seconds vs minutes.
If rates/qualifications/sample translations are near-equivalent, the client should and probably does respect the "first come first served" principle.
Personally I think active pursuit of work is important vs waiting for a response to a website but if you are getting full-time work via that approach, that's great!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:58
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Submission or acknowledgement? Sep 4, 2020

daniel debono ([email protected]) wrote:
It seems that it often takes up to 3 minutes before I receive proz bid submission acknowledgment emails

It sounds to me as though it could only be the acknowledgement that's taking time to get back to you. Do you know for sure that the quote itself is being delayed? Maybe sending a support ticket to ProZ.com staff would get to the bottom of it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bid Submission Delays

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »