Thread poster: Andrée Anne Tremblay
Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic
Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Losing the battle but winning the war Feb 10, 2021

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Kay-Victor has set it out really well. You aren't asking them for a raise -- you aren't an employee; you're informing them that your business needs to charge more from now on.

Dear All, especially Anne,

I tried raising my rates with two fairly regular clients. Although they did not agree with the higher standard price per word, I was able to win the war

Member (2011)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Cobra Feb 10, 2021

Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Kay-Victor has set it out really well. You aren't asking them for a raise -- you aren't an employee; you're informing them that your business needs to charge more from now on.

I tried raising my rates with two fairly regular clients. Although they did not agree with the higher standard price per word, I was able to win the war

Member (2011)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Sorry for tech difficulties... Feb 10, 2021

Sheila Wilson wrote:

.... by negotiating higher rates for a given job, especially if it was under urgent circumstances. This case by case approach actually worked better for me in getting older clients to pay an upgraded rate. Not always, but Most of the time I’m able to get (nearly) the rate I’m offering newer clients.

Good luck. 🍀👍

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Dalia Nour

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help asking for higher rates

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »