Blanca Amoroso
Blanca Amoroso  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:23
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2020

Hello,

Could you please let me know the standard per minute industry rates for quality control of subtitling translated content? The task includes complete review and adjusting timing issues.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Blanca

[Edited at 2020-07-14 22:11 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:23
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No standard Jul 14, 2020

Blanca Amoroso wrote:
Could you please let me know the standard per minute industry rates for quality control of subtitling translated content? The task involved are comlete review plus adjusting timing issues.

There is no standard rate for that, any more than there is for any other translation/editing-related job. Anyway, when you're checking/revising something, the time you need depends not on your own skill but on the skill of the person who did the original job. It therefore makes no sense to charge for anything other than your time. A poor file will take longer and so you should be paid more for it; not less, as you would be if you charged per minute of material. Of course, you could examine the file closely and at several different random points and then come up with an estimate based on the quality. Personally, I'd go for a combination: charge a maximum of €nnn for the entire job (which the client can express in € per minute with a bit of arithmetic) and then charge for my actual time up to that maximum. If it takes too long then I have to take a drop in my hourly rate, but of course the maximum figure is always generous to hopefully avoid that.

Morano El-Kholy
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Standard rates for QC of video translated content

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »