Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 3, 2020

Hello everyone

I'm a new user of MemoQ, and so far updating from bilingual review has always worked for me, until today. Now MemoQ is giving me the message "Index was outside the bounds of the array" when I try to update from bilingual review. I tried re-exporting the file and updating the new version, and I tried creating a View and exporting/importing from that View, but it doesn't work. What can I do to the bilingual RTF file to make MemoQ accept it? I have used bilingual rev
... See more
Hello everyone

I'm a new user of MemoQ, and so far updating from bilingual review has always worked for me, until today. Now MemoQ is giving me the message "Index was outside the bounds of the array" when I try to update from bilingual review. I tried re-exporting the file and updating the new version, and I tried creating a View and exporting/importing from that View, but it doesn't work. What can I do to the bilingual RTF file to make MemoQ accept it? I have used bilingual review on this computer and for this client in the past.

Thanks
Samuel

memoq error
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Happens sometimes... Jul 3, 2020

Yes, I know what you mean. This happens sometimes. Most of cases, it can be linked to alterations in the bilingual file such as unhiding hidden parts or the opposite, accidental alteration of the unique file code at the header of the table, accidental deletion of row numbers or rows, etc.

What works for me is to export a new bilingual file and copy/paste the translated cells from the problem file to the newly exported file. If copy/pasting works nicely, it means that you have not de
... See more
Yes, I know what you mean. This happens sometimes. Most of cases, it can be linked to alterations in the bilingual file such as unhiding hidden parts or the opposite, accidental alteration of the unique file code at the header of the table, accidental deletion of row numbers or rows, etc.

What works for me is to export a new bilingual file and copy/paste the translated cells from the problem file to the newly exported file. If copy/pasting works nicely, it means that you have not deleted any rows accidentally and the file should import nicely.

Good luck!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Thomas Jul 3, 2020

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:
Good luck!

I was able to deliver by exporting as Trados DOC/RTF, then retranslating that file against my TM (since I did the actual translation in WFC), and then importing it. It imported about 180 of the 200 segments, so the rest of the segments I had to copy/paste manually (there was an error message about the source text having changed on those missing segments, but that made no sense, because I did not change the source text).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Index was outside the bounds of the array

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »