Thread poster: James McVay
James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2020

I'm using memoQ 8.3 to edit an SDL package of about 4000 words using Dragon Professional Individual 15.3 on a Windows 10 computer.

memoQ freezes when I try to dictate into it, requiring me to end the memoQ process using the Task Monitor. Dragon works fine in other apps once memoQ is closed.

I've been using Dragon with memoQ for years and never before encountered this problem. However, this is my first time working with an SDL package in memoQ. Dragon and memoQ continue
... See more
I'm using memoQ 8.3 to edit an SDL package of about 4000 words using Dragon Professional Individual 15.3 on a Windows 10 computer.

memoQ freezes when I try to dictate into it, requiring me to end the memoQ process using the Task Monitor. Dragon works fine in other apps once memoQ is closed.

I've been using Dragon with memoQ for years and never before encountered this problem. However, this is my first time working with an SDL package in memoQ. Dragon and memoQ continue to get along fine when I'm working in other memoQ projects, e.g., on imported DOC and DOCX files.

After restarting memoQ, I can type in it with no problem, but that reduces my productivity. Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be a problem with my older memoQ version? Does anyone know a fix?

Here's the error message I get when memoQ freezes:

The requested task could not be completed or an operation failed. The completed task could not be completed or an operation failed, but you can safely continue your work. [Guess what -- I can't!] For more details, please click on More>>

Internal application error.

TYPE:
System.ArgumentException

Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.GetRange(Int32 index, Int32 count)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore._GetContentFromTo(Int32 s, Int32 e, Boolean effective, Boolean keepInsertions)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore._HandleWndProcOwn(Message& m)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.WndProc(Message& m)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxR.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I also get this message in a different pop-up box, one associated with Dragon:

dd10edit

COM returned an unexpected error code:
HOOKERR_CANNOTINJECT

[Edited at 2020-06-24 22:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-06-24 22:09 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-06-24 22:12 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ freezes while editing SDLPPX using Dragon 15.3

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »