Can you export un untranslated file from memoQ (web version)?
Thread poster: Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:28
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
May 14, 2020

Hi all,

is there a way I can export or download the text that needs to be translated from memoQ? I'm working with the web version.

Thank you!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Inez May 14, 2020

Inez Ulrich wrote:
Is there a way I can export or download the text that needs to be translated, [from memoQwebtrans]?

If you have MemoQ installed on your computer, then you may be able to choose the option "Check out project in MemoQ", and then you can use MemoQ on your computer to do e.g. bilingual export.

check out in memoq

I am not aware of any other way to get the source text from memoQwebtrans. This is why I use a set of AutoIt scripts to copy the text (one segment at a time) and to paste the translation back (one segment at a time). These scripts of mine were not written with other users in mind, but you're welcome to give them a try.

http://www.leuce.com/autoit/a%20couple%20of%20memoqwebtrans%20scripts.zip

[Edited at 2020-05-14 09:03 GMT]

Aline Amorim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you export un untranslated file from memoQ (web version)?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »