Index was outside the bounds of the array (when updating from bilingual review)
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 7, 2020

Hello everyone

I've successfully used bilingual review a few times on non-local projects, but today I can't get the View to update. I keep getting this unhelpful error message, no matter what I try:

memoq outside bounds

Any idea what I can do about this?

Added: I've now gone as far as to recreate the view, export for bilingual review afresh, copy/paste the target column from the one file to the other (same number of segments, etc.), but to no avail. I don't want to spend too much time fixing things that may not have an effect on the problem.

* Would having edited a locked segment cause this?
* Would having a tag (mqInternal) that is e.g. italics in the source but not in the target, cause this?
* Would having text marked as mqInternal in the target but not in the source cause this?
* Would having text marked as mqInternal in the source but not in the target cause this?

I just spent 3 hours checking that all of these things are perfectly the same as the source text, but... still the error. The job's deadline is getting closer and closer...

Samuel

[Edited at 2020-05-07 10:05 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:41
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible problem May 7, 2020

Samuel Murray wrote:
I keep getting this unhelpful error message, no matter what I try...

Okay, sorted. It may simply have been that the files were too large or contained too many numbers. When I reduced the View to just a few files at a time, I was able to do the import without a problem. Three files contained over 1000 segments each containing only numbers or only tags. These files still gave me the same error message even if I tried to process them one file at a time. It was only after I checked all pre-translated (number-only, tag-only) segments and confirmed them, and created a View excluding confirmed segments, that I was able to update it.

I wonder what the limit was: the number of segments, or the number of [consecutive] segments containing only numbers or tags.

[Edited at 2020-05-07 10:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Index was outside the bounds of the array (when updating from bilingual review)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »