MemoQ: How to open multiple files for review
Thread poster: Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:51
German to English
Apr 10, 2020

I am a new memoQ user. My current project consists of about 20 individual files. These files contain some identical sections. How do I open all of the files at once? I am the reviewer.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:51
English to Russian
Create view Apr 10, 2020

Select your 20 files with shift, then right click, then Create View, then Simply glue documents. That's it.

Your glued file will appear in the Views tab (next to the Documents tab). Both glued and individual files are synchronized, i.e. when you amend the glued view document, the same amendments are incorporated in your individual documents (no need to open them individually for that purpose).

[Edited at 2020-04-10 15:55 GMT]

Aline Amorim
Rafael Rogel
Maria Fernanda Gonzalez
Hassan Bekhit Hassan
Fernanda di Costanzo

Ilka Nahmmacher
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Change not adopted in other segment Apr 10, 2020

Thank you, Stepan. That worked. I now have all the files concatenated. However, I made a change to a segment that also appears in one of the other documents. After changing it, I pressed Ctrl+Enter. When I scroll down to the other place where that text appears, the change was not adopted. I do see the change in the Results window on the right in dark red.

Do you know if there is a setting or a special key combination I need to use to get it to replace the change automatically?
... See more
Thank you, Stepan. That worked. I now have all the files concatenated. However, I made a change to a segment that also appears in one of the other documents. After changing it, I pressed Ctrl+Enter. When I scroll down to the other place where that text appears, the change was not adopted. I do see the change in the Results window on the right in dark red.

Do you know if there is a setting or a special key combination I need to use to get it to replace the change automatically?

Thanks.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:51
English to Russian
Yes I do Apr 10, 2020

Go to 'Translation' tab > Translation settings > Auto-Propagation > Allow auto-propagation + Propagate only forward + Overwrite confirmed segments + Translator or either reviewer confirmed > Ok

Also check out the 'Automatic Lookup and Insertion' and 'Predictive Typing and Autopickup' sections or just remember them for the future. If you just started using memoQ, most probably this will be your next setting to adjust.

Also most probably you may want to skip the confirmed
... See more
Go to 'Translation' tab > Translation settings > Auto-Propagation > Allow auto-propagation + Propagate only forward + Overwrite confirmed segments + Translator or either reviewer confirmed > Ok

Also check out the 'Automatic Lookup and Insertion' and 'Predictive Typing and Autopickup' sections or just remember them for the future. If you just started using memoQ, most probably this will be your next setting to adjust.

Also most probably you may want to skip the confirmed segments. To this effect, press Ctrl+Shift+G > select (1) Not confirmed in any role + Automatically jump after confirmation + Down. Then press Remember.

[Edited at 2020-04-10 21:57 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Fernanda Gonzalez

Ilka Nahmmacher
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Apr 11, 2020

Thanks, Stepan. You really helped me out.

Solen Fillatre
Solen Fillatre  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Thank you Nov 15, 2022

Thank you so much Stepan, I have been working with MemoQ for many years and did not know this was possible, your help has been invaluable

Stepan Konev
bonafide1313

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ: How to open multiple files for review

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »