Suddenly, nearly all of my TMS in MemoQ (2015) are not working, "Resource not available"
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:35
Member (2006)
French to English
Jan 6, 2020

Help! I tried repairing my TMs with "Repair resource" as indicated on Kilgray's website, but the popup says "The TM cannot be indexed. [50] Failed to access TM properties. It may have been deleted, used by another process, or a TM with the same GUID may already be open."

I haven't come across this error message before, has anyone else come across it?

Thanks in advance!

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:35
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Try re-registering the TM Jan 6, 2020

This occasionally happens to me. Try re-registering the TM. Open the Resource Console and select Register Local. Open the folder of the TM and double-click the .mtm file in the folder.

Jenny Duthie
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much Joh, but it doesn't work, see below Jan 6, 2020

When I try to do as you advised, it says
"Error while importing translation memory from file.
An error occurred in the translation memory."

Jenny Duthie
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
and it more details about the error message: Jan 6, 2020

TYPE:
MemoQ.TranslationMemory.Common.TMException

[ 21] Failed to access resource properties. It is already used by another process.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.TMEngineWrapper

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.TMEngineWrapper.TranslationMemory.GetInfo(String path)
at MemoQ.TranslationMemory.GUI.TMResourceControl.handleRegisterLocal()

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suddenly, nearly all of my TMS in MemoQ (2015) are not working, "Resource not available"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »