Has anyone ever actually installed DeepL plugin in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:43
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 6, 2019

I have been trying to get MemoQ support staff to help me with this for months, and they just can't communicate clearly how it is done. I even had a screen sharing session with them, and they were doing all kinds of steps that were not included in their written instructions, and in the end, they seem to have just given up. I would really appreciate some instructions from someone who is good at breaking things down step by step. Thanks.

Alexander C. Thomson

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:43
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
As far as I know, you don't need to install anything, as it is built in. Dec 6, 2019

As per: https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/deepl-mt-plugin-settings.html

Of course, you do need a subscription from DeepL to get the API key.

Michael

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Barbara Dec 7, 2019

Barbara L Pavlik wrote:
I would really appreciate some instructions from someone who is good at breaking things down step by step.

I've never done this before, but I guess a good starting point is for you to tell us which of the steps at the URL Michael gave you have been able to complete successfully, and if there are any steps that you were not able to complete. I don't know if that page of instructions is complete or not, but it appears to be a good, official starting point (at least, then we can tell at which point the problem might be occurring): https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/deepl-mt-plugin-settings.html

Secondly, can you please confirm that you have a DeepL Pro API key? Again, I haven't done this myself, but it appears that you need an "individual", "monthly", "advanced" subscription: https://www.deepl.com/pro.html

deepl pro which sub

If you don't have such a subscription, which other subscription do you have?

[Edited at 2019-12-07 08:33 GMT]

Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:43
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Video coming Dec 7, 2019

@Samuel.. thanks, yes I have a subscription to DeepL which I have been paying for monthly for the last year and a half. (although I only pay €20 per month, so maybe I'm grandfathered in to an older rate). I was getting stuck at step 3 (Select the MT profile you are using and under the list, click Edit.) because there was no list. The support guy took care of that for me yesterday in the screen sharing session, but couldn't get it to actually work in a document. He wrote later (since I made... See more
@Samuel.. thanks, yes I have a subscription to DeepL which I have been paying for monthly for the last year and a half. (although I only pay €20 per month, so maybe I'm grandfathered in to an older rate). I was getting stuck at step 3 (Select the MT profile you are using and under the list, click Edit.) because there was no list. The support guy took care of that for me yesterday in the screen sharing session, but couldn't get it to actually work in a document. He wrote later (since I made this post) and said that he has since made a video with instructions which I will watch later when I have time (I'm working against a tight deadline at the moment). If it works, I'll post the link to the video here.Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:43
English to German
+ ...
DeepL on MemoQ Dec 10, 2019

Barbara L Pavlik wrote:

@Samuel.. thanks, yes I have a subscription to DeepL which I have been paying for monthly for the last year and a half. (although I only pay €20 per month, so maybe I'm grandfathered in to an older rate). I was getting stuck at step 3 (Select the MT profile you are using and under the list, click Edit.) because there was no list. The support guy took care of that for me yesterday in the screen sharing session, but couldn't get it to actually work in a document. He wrote later (since I made this post) and said that he has since made a video with instructions which I will watch later when I have time (I'm working against a tight deadline at the moment). If it works, I'll post the link to the video here.

It took me some time to find out that you have to go to "Project Settings" on the Project Home tab on the left, then to the last icon on the right "MT". There you have to tick the box DeepL or DeepL copy (I always work with copies of settings).

Rita Translator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone ever actually installed DeepL plugin in MemoQ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »