Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Non-breaking space errors. I don't understand why I am getting them or what they mean.
Thread poster: Clare Rubin
Clare Rubin
Clare Rubin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:37
Spanish to English
Aug 9, 2019

Taking my first steps with Memo Q. (So far, I'm really liking it and can't wait until there's an offer on here to buy it!)

I am receiving the warnings: 03194 and 03197

"The space before the rpr tag should be a non-breaking space" and also,

"A non-breaking space is missing after the rpr tag".

Any assistance, greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Just overzealous QA Aug 9, 2019

MemoQ can be a bit overzealous in its QA. You can just ignore such warnings if they make no linguistic sense.

MollyRose

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:37
Member (2016)
English to German
Read up on QA (Quality Assurance) settings Aug 9, 2019

The QA set you are currently using marks these instances as errors. You can disable or modify the current QA set, or just create your own.

https://help.memoq.com/current/en/Places/project-home-settings-qa.html?Highlight=qa%20settings

Clare Rubin
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Different font, however Aug 10, 2019

Thank you for your replies.

The font of the last part of the sentence following the 01394 error does appear different in the view pane however...

[Edited at 2019-08-12 10:09 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Tags Aug 10, 2019

Clare Rubin wrote:

The font of the last part of the sentence following the 01394 error does appear different in the view pane however...

Yes, that's one of the many things tags do. You can expand the tags to see what's in them (Edit tab):

Capture

This has nothing to do with the blanks, though.

In French, for example, certain signs, such as question marks and colons, must be preceded by a blank. MemoQ doesn't understand that such a blank doesn't necessarily have to appear in the target language.

That's why you need to use your own common sense and linguistic knowledge and should simply ignore such warnings when they are linguistically irrelevant.

Clare Rubin
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Expanded tags. Still unclear why affecting the font. Aug 12, 2019

Thank you, Thomas.

I took a photo on my phone but it doesn't seem that you can post Jpegs onto the replies here.

With something like this, could I save the finished project as Word and then manually apply a format correction afterwards? (This is providing the client does not want it in the Memo Q file format.)

Thank you.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Jpg Aug 12, 2019

Jpegs are accepted. The following image is a .jpg:

Capture

You would need to compare with the formatting of the source document. I've never seen MemoQ change the font all by itself.

Clare Rubin
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Can't see how to add a photo on here Aug 12, 2019

But I found my way to MemoQ Support and have submitted a ticket.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
It's a bit awkward Aug 12, 2019

Here:

Capture

If you're using Windows, it's much simpler to use Windows' Snipping Tool (under Windows Accessories) or [Winkey]+PrtSc to take partial or full screenshots, respectively, and then upload them directly to the forum (using the function above).

Clare Rubin
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Different to what I'm seeing Aug 12, 2019

I'm not seeing the option for dragging files or choosing files. Also, as it was a screen shot, when I drag that to the reply area, it takes up the whole screen and then I have no way of posting the reply as all I can see is the screen shot. I'd do a screen shot of what I'm seeing on my "Post reply" area but then I'd have the same problem posting that! Anyway. That's all veering away from my initial topic.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Here Aug 12, 2019

I see it in Chrome on Windows as well as Android. I guess you are not looking the right place.

Capture

mughwI
mughwI
United States
Local time: 05:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probably members only functionality Aug 12, 2019

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

I see it in Chrome on Windows as well as Android. I guess you are not looking the right place.

Capture

I do not see that option either, so it must be for members only.

Thomas T. Frost

Clare Rubin
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sharing on social media options but not Choose file Aug 12, 2019

Nope. I have a Share option with LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook and then the Post Reply buttons. You are seeing something different to me.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Weird Aug 12, 2019

I've no idea why it's not displayed in your end. You'd need to ask Proz support.

You could try to clear all Proz cookies, of course. Sometimes cookies can mess up a web page.

Kirill Loktionov
Kirill Loktionov
Hungary
Local time: 10:37
English to Russian
+ ...
Turn off space settings in QA Jun 16, 2020

Hi guys,

I would also like to know how to uncheck the settings of QA error codes 3190-3193 (missing space before/after rpr tag and extra space before/after rpr tag) 'coz they are really annoying. But are they customizable in QA? Haven't found this tickbox while editing the settings.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-breaking space errors. I don't understand why I am getting them or what they mean.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »