Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:41
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Apr 10, 2019

Hi there,
We need to translate some texts into several languages. The source file is Excel, hence we encounter a lot of \n across the text.
We are working with memoQ 8, and I can't figure out what is the best regex filter in order to filter those line breaks commands so it won't be counted nor be wrongly used by the translators.

For example:
\n\nThe process is easy, and along the way you can save and finish later, in case you don't have the information at hand, or
... See more
Hi there,
We need to translate some texts into several languages. The source file is Excel, hence we encounter a lot of \n across the text.
We are working with memoQ 8, and I can't figure out what is the best regex filter in order to filter those line breaks commands so it won't be counted nor be wrongly used by the translators.

For example:
\n\nThe process is easy, and along the way you can save and finish later, in case you don't have the information at hand, or if time does not permit you to complete in one session.\n\nWe take data privacy extremely seriously, and your information during the process is highly protected.

I'd appreciate if you can share with me what is the regex filter we need to apply in this case

BR

Omer Shani
Collapse

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:41
Member (2016)
English to German
\\n Apr 10, 2019

\\n in the "Regular expression" field
$0 in the "Display text" field
hit the "Add" button
hit the "OK" button

Omer Shani
Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:41
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 10, 2019

Thanks a lot, that really helped

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regex filter for \n

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »