Can't deliver a package to the server due to QA errors (?)
Thread poster: Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:41
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 6, 2019

This is my 1st project in MemoQ.
There're 2 documents in the package that I'm supposed to deliver to the server.
One is marked as finished, the other as "in progress" despite being 100% confirmed. I suspect the reason for that is that there're some QA errors - inconsistent translations that are necessary due to the grammar of the target language. I suspect this is also reason why I can't deliver the package. When trying, I receive the message:
The workflow status of the docume
... See more
This is my 1st project in MemoQ.
There're 2 documents in the package that I'm supposed to deliver to the server.
One is marked as finished, the other as "in progress" despite being 100% confirmed. I suspect the reason for that is that there're some QA errors - inconsistent translations that are necessary due to the grammar of the target language. I suspect this is also reason why I can't deliver the package. When trying, I receive the message:
The workflow status of the documents you are trying to deliver is different from your role.

Am I right about the cause? If so, how can I resolve this?
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The previous person did not mark the file as delivered Mar 6, 2019

I think the message you get shows up because a person who worked on the file before you (maybe you are revising a translation done by some other person) did not mark the file as delivered. I would ask the client to change the status of the file or ask the previous participant to do so.

Katarzyna Slowikova
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not reviewing Mar 6, 2019

I am not aware of anybody working on the file before, it was my translation from scratch.
Are you suggesting this is to be resolved by somebody else and not by me?
So the reason are not the errors? (btw. I have tried to change QA settings so that inconsistencies get marked as warnings but don't have access).
I'm in contact with the PM about this but so far she offered no solution.

And THANK YOU for you quick answer, I felt totally abandoned with the problem... :/... See more
I am not aware of anybody working on the file before, it was my translation from scratch.
Are you suggesting this is to be resolved by somebody else and not by me?
So the reason are not the errors? (btw. I have tried to change QA settings so that inconsistencies get marked as warnings but don't have access).
I'm in contact with the PM about this but so far she offered no solution.

And THANK YOU for you quick answer, I felt totally abandoned with the problem... :/

[Edited at 2019-03-06 10:57 GMT]

UPDATE: It looks like the issue is really caused by the inconsistencies. I managed to deliver the other file through the web interface but (in the web interface) the one with errors displays an error message saying "please fix these errors before delivering".
So ultimately, it boils down to silly settings chosen by the PMs (?).

[Edited at 2019-03-06 11:17 GMT]
Collapse

Jonna Meeuwissen
Jonna Meeuwissen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Ignore Mar 6, 2019

Did you try marking the checkbox "Ignore" next to the errors in the Resolve errors and warnings window?

Katarzyna Slowikova
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
If only this was possible... Mar 6, 2019

Jonna Meeuwissen wrote:

Did you try marking the checkbox "Ignore" next to the errors in the Resolve errors and warnings window?

You can't ignore errors, that's the whole problem here.

laurgi
laurgi  Identity Verified
German to French
Tags? Mar 6, 2019

Did you copy/paste tags from source into target?

Katarzyna Slowikova
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My inicial suspicion was correct Mar 6, 2019

The project was finally delivered, so just for the record: the problem was indeed caused by the errors which I could do nothing about (except making the translations consistent and therefore incorrect). It was resolved by the PM who somehow accepted the errors.
I didn't manage to upload the package to the server. I sent the PM the bilingual files but don't know whether they were of any use.
All in all, not very inviting 1st experience... :/ There were couple of more twists to this wh
... See more
The project was finally delivered, so just for the record: the problem was indeed caused by the errors which I could do nothing about (except making the translations consistent and therefore incorrect). It was resolved by the PM who somehow accepted the errors.
I didn't manage to upload the package to the server. I sent the PM the bilingual files but don't know whether they were of any use.
All in all, not very inviting 1st experience... :/ There were couple of more twists to this which I didn't share here - mostly denied access to pretty much any & everything - and the communication with the PM wasn't the best, so
it was encouraging to see I'm not left alone with this. Thank you all!
Collapse

Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:41
English to German
... Mar 6, 2019

Hi Katarzyna,

the actual act of "delivering" the documents in memoQ is more of a formality in the technical sense, as long as you have synced your project your client has everything they need to continue their workflow.

Working with memoQ server projects takes some getting used to, but still beats receiving raw source files and having to set up everything myself any day.

Cheers

Katarzyna Slowikova
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not my cup of tea Mar 6, 2019

Nico Wagner wrote:

Hi Katarzyna,

the actual act of "delivering" the documents in memoQ is more of a formality in the technical sense, as long as you have synced your project your client has everything they need to continue their workflow.

Good to know.

Working with memoQ server projects takes some getting used to, but still beats receiving raw source files and having to set up everything myself any day.

Cheers

Call me weird but I prefer the latter by far. It gives me control over everything and if there's a problem, I look up a solution myself, without having to rely on anybody else. It was a nightmare today, though I blame the PM not the program.
MemoQ reminds me of Across online - the 3rd worst CAT on my "most hated" list.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't deliver a package to the server due to QA errors (?)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »