Anne Besnier
Anne Besnier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:14
English to French
+ ...
Jan 8, 2019

Hello,

I would like to export the translation as a bilingual document 2-column RTF so that I can proofread it in Word.

For a reason I don't understand, I cannot activate the function. The function 'two-columns RTF' appears in black and not grey. (MemoQ XLIFF is the only function that can be activated)

Is there anything I should be looking at?

Many thanks,

Anne

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Project Home Jan 8, 2019

Sometimes it will only do it if you go to Project Home and select the file(s) to export from the file list. I'm not sure what the purpose of this 'feechur' is, or if the client has set up the server project incorrectly.

saber fathi

Anne Besnier
Anne Besnier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Thomas but still not working Jan 8, 2019

Hello Thomas,
Thank you for your response. I have just tried it from the project home tab, I have clicked on the document to highlight it. I am afraid I still can't export the document as a bilingual file (2-columns RTF).
Many thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Anne

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Hm Jan 8, 2019

It must be a server project. You could ask the client or their CAT tool support if they know why this doesn't work. It must be something in their import settings that causes it. I never have this problem in local projects.

Plain-text export may be an alternative, but it's no good when there are certain tags, as the tags are removed without insertion of spaces.

The emergency solution is to ru
... See more

It must be a server project. You could ask the client or their CAT tool support if they know why this doesn't work. It must be something in their import settings that causes it. I never have this problem in local projects.

Plain-text export may be an alternative, but it's no good when there are certain tags, as the tags are removed without insertion of spaces.

The emergency solution is to run the spellcheck in MemoQ, but it doesn't catch as many errors as the native spellchecker.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export Bilingual Two-column RTF not working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »