MemoQ no longer displays the Review pane
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 21:12
German to English
+ ...
Dec 21, 2018

In the View Pane I activate the HTML Review tab and select Default as Current Layout -> since some time, the Review pane no longer displays (although possible for Results on Top)
How can I display the Review pane?

Henry Schroeder
Henry Schroeder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:12
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Could you post a screenshot of the problem? Dec 22, 2018

I have never had any technical problems with memoq so I'm not sure it will be possible to help you, but it is not entirely clear to me what you cannot see. The preview pane at the bottom? Or one of the results boxes to the right? Or another type of view (that I evidently don't use myself)?

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing Review pane Dec 22, 2018

Unfortunately, I cannot post screenshots. The Preview pane I mean should appear at the bottom of the Translation Editor screen. This used to be the case (memoq 7.8), but I assume an update either has changed the settings or a "bug" has been introduced. I had a similar situation with MS Word recently, where the default settings changed and a view no longer appeared. Perhaps the same is the case with memoq, with some (new) global option needing to be set.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:12
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Possible fixes Dec 24, 2018

MemoQ help gives two possible solutions to problems with the Review pane:

1. Reset the View pane. In the View tab, go to Current Layout > Reset Current. You can use F11 to cycle through layouts.

2. If that doesn't fix the problem, close MemoQ and go to:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ\

and delete the following files:

DockLayoutConfigs.bin
Preferences-layout.xml

They will be recreated when MemoQ next ope
... See more
MemoQ help gives two possible solutions to problems with the Review pane:

1. Reset the View pane. In the View tab, go to Current Layout > Reset Current. You can use F11 to cycle through layouts.

2. If that doesn't fix the problem, close MemoQ and go to:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ\

and delete the following files:

DockLayoutConfigs.bin
Preferences-layout.xml

They will be recreated when MemoQ next opens.
Collapse

Anna Lenhardt Sánchez

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
View Pane icon Dec 24, 2018

On the View tab, select the View Pane icon on the Navigation tab. Do not click the little down arrow but the actual View Pane icon. The HTML Preview should now appear below the editor.

Anthony Rudd wrote:

In the View Pane I activate the HTML Review tab and select Default as Current Layout -> since some time, the Review pane no longer displays (although possible for Results on Top)
How can I display the Review pane?

Anna Paula Foltanska

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing Review pane Dec 24, 2018

The problem was solved by pressing "Reset Current" (in Layout), although I had done this previously, without any effect.
Thanks for all your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ no longer displays the Review pane

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »