Can`t align two documents
Thread poster: Mariya Miroshnychenko
Mariya Miroshnychenko
Mariya Miroshnychenko
Local time: 11:46
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 6, 2018

Hi, I am working in MemoQ 8.5 and in a desperate need to align two documents, but while adding the target document I get an error message. What might be a problem?

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:46
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Word version incompatibility? Sep 6, 2018

You did not specify what error you get, and what type of files you re trying to align, but in case you have MS Word files, one thing you can try is to "downsave" the files to an older .doc format, not the newest docx format. It worked for me a few times. To do that, open the file in Word, and use Save As...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can`t align two documents

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »