Thread poster: Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:41
German to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2018

I get the above message, every time I confirm a segment.

I am not sure what has happened. This message began to display the last time I was using MemoQ - in a completely different project (that had been working fine previously). As the project was nearly complete, and the documents were synchronising fine, I didn't get around to trying to fix it.

However, it's now back, and displaying (with a loud chime) on every segment. If I go to the resources, the TM is indeed check
... See more
I get the above message, every time I confirm a segment.

I am not sure what has happened. This message began to display the last time I was using MemoQ - in a completely different project (that had been working fine previously). As the project was nearly complete, and the documents were synchronising fine, I didn't get around to trying to fix it.

However, it's now back, and displaying (with a loud chime) on every segment. If I go to the resources, the TM is indeed checked as "read-only", but the checkbox is greyed out, so I can't uncheck it.

I've navigated to the TM in Windows Explorer, and removed the read-only access there, but it makes no difference to MemoQ.

I am running MemoQ 7.8.175 on Windows 10.

Anyone had this before?
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:41
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Recreate the TM Jul 23, 2018

You could always recreate the TM.

Export the TM to a TMX, create a new TM and re-import the TMX.

Jorge Payan

Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:41
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That worked Jul 25, 2018

John Fossey wrote:

You could always recreate the TM.

Export the TM to a TMX, create a new TM and re-import the TMX.

Hi John

That's what I did in the end, and the only thing that worked.

Francesca

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"The primary translation memory in your project is read-only"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »